CDIH

Full Version: Freda of the Don & Mike show killed in pile up....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wboc.com/Global/story.asp?S=3578160">http://www.wboc.com/Global/story.asp?S=3578160</a><!-- m -->

Quote:OCEAN CITY- A major road to the beach was temporarily shut down Sunday afternoon after a series of accidents left one woman dead.

The Maryland State Police say the accidents happened at about 1:56 p.m. on westbound Route 90 near Saint Martin's Neck road. One car slammed on its brakes but the cars behind it did not. This resulted in a 10-car pile up.

In a separate crash, the police say Freda Wright-Sorce, 50, of Great Falls, Va., was killed after a head-on collision. The police say it happened when an eastbound Ford Explorer, in an attempt to avoid the above mentioned pile-up, crossed the median and struck Freda's Lexus SC430. westbound car.

Wright-Sorce was flown to Shock Trauma in Baltimore where she died from her injuries. The driver of the eastbound Ford Exploer, Jevgenijs Dunajevskis, 22, of Berlin, Md., was treated and released from Peninsula Regional Medical Center in Salisbury.

On Monday, WBOC confirmed that Wright-Sorce was the wife of Don Geronimo, syndicated radio personality of the Don and Mike Show. Wright-Sorce was well known to the show's listeners as she was regularly featured on it. The show airs every weekday afternoon on 96 Rock. Monday's show will feature a tribute to Wright-Sorce, who along with her husband, maintained a vacation home in Ocean City.

Meantime, the police are continuing to investigate the crash.

Apparently, Anthony and Norton are already scolding people at wackbag.com for being assholes about it and expecting them to do the same on the show tomorrow. I'd have a lot more respect for O & A if they did treat it with a little decorum in spite of what happened when Opie's dad died.
Anthony -
Quote:Call me a hypocrite all you like. I don't give a fuck. But this shit's gotta stop.
Radio is radio but this is shit I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
Some of you motherfuckers are brutal for no other reason but to be brutal.
Again, call me a hypocrite, don't listen to the show, throw your XM away, I don't care. The shit being posted here ain't fucking right.

Norton -
Quote:Op, Ant, myself and the rest of the show staff learned about Freda Sorce’s death this afternoon as did most of you. We are obviously stunned by it. We’ve all lost people we love and it’s never supposed to happen so unexpectedly. People you love are supposed to grow old with you and fade slowly, not kiss you goodbye and never come home. I am sure the listeners understand that when something horrible like this happens, all meaningless radio squabbles prove to be exactly that; meaningless. 99% of the listeners will know this intuitively; I am explaining this to the 1% who may not. Freda was part of a radio show we went back and forth with, but more importantly, she was a wife and a mother. Don, Bart and the rest of their family have had their lives completely and irreversibly altered. We can control the way we handle and address things on the air, but we cannot control the way listeners respond. I am asking on behalf of the show that all of you display the same respect for Don and his family that we intend to. Not because it’s ‘politically correct’ or for fear of corporate retribution, but because on a human level, it’s the way any of us would want to be treated if it were our own families. jim

Norton -
Quote:It is amazing to me how some people just do not get it. We do make fun of a lot of horrible things. As a matter of fact, most things I’ve ever made fun of, when taken in their real sense, are not funny. I am not force feeding morality and anyone that misinterpreted my post as that is the type of dummy I am talking about to begin with. This is one of those rare cases where someone connected to a rival show has had a horrible tragedy. We are looking at this differently because certain listeners will be tempted to directly contact this person through emails and website posts. They will go beyond what we normally do. As awful as we can be, we don’t ever think the listeners are going actually email a grieving spouse or post on one of his fan sites. That is what makes this situation different for us. And for all of you trying the “Why is this okay and not that?” logic can stop. I did not say that God will punish you for one and not for the other. I felt with this situation, due to the bad blood between the shows, people would be tempted to go into a place that is cruel and not representative of the way we feel. It’s funny; no one called us (or me) hypocrites when we didn’t make fun of 9/11. Humor is subjective and there are reasons I am comfortable with certain things and not others. I did not tell any of you where your own lines ought to be, I simply requested something on behalf of the show, you will either honor it or you won’t. jim
LOL
Quote:People you love are supposed to grow old with you and fade slowly, not kiss you goodbye and never come home.

When did norton grow a vagina?

Quote:Call me a hypocrite all you like. I don't give a fuck.

Hypocrite.
Care ?
Of all the posters on the messageboards, Anthony has to be the worst. Everytime he posts, it's nothing but negative attitude, and he's always cursing. Plus he's never funny when he posts.

He should really start coming here and taking notes.
*crash*
it's nice to see that after 4 years he hasn't changed a bit.
In my research for this story, I discovered that Don backed over his own dog in his driveway a couple of months ago.

I can't decide which one is more tragic.
well o&a decided since they've made fun of that for months. speciesists
DCRTV mailbag:

Anyone thinking of getting XM should consider the company you will be keeping. The messageboard for Opie and Anthony is already celebrating the fact that Don's wife is dead. wackbag.com (7/11/05)
that is pretty ridiculous, i hate that board but for the mostpart they have been respectful.
fuck'em!