CDIH

Full Version: Say goodbye to hollywood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mitchell on the bubble

RIVER FALLS, Wis. - Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil said Monday that the knee injury wide receiver Freddie Mitchell suffered early in Kansas City?s training camp may cost Mitchell an opportunity to play with the Chiefs this season.

The team has not been happy with Mitchell since he declined to have arthroscopic surgery after tearing meniscus cartilage in his right knee July 30. The Chiefs believed Mitchell would have missed only a couple of weeks of practice if he had had the operation. Instead, Mitchell still can?t cut and only recently began running full speed straight ahead.

"He was doing fine before he hurt the cartilage, and he elected on his own not to get it operated on," Vermeil said after Monday morning?s practice. "Our people thought he ought to get it done, and he?d be back practicing right now. But, you know, a player has his right to make a decision, and, hopefully, it was not the wrong one for him. But he would have been very, very competitive to make this football team. It?s going to be tough now, if you?re not in position to compete."

The Chiefs were hoping that Mitchell, signed in June after being released by the Eagles, could compete for a starting spot. Instead, the team is using second-year receiver Samie Parker on the side opposite veteran Eddie Kennison.
BACK TO PHILLY!!!
Your username is quickly reaching Criticslovesnatch levels of relevance
i await the arrival of downtown ronnie brown
I want WhackBagKid back
but i am no longer a kid!
whackbagman?
so lame