CDIH

Full Version: Best New Shows On TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Breaking Bonaduce
Invasion
Prison Break
My Fair Brady
The Apprentice : Martha Stewart
Grey's Anatomy
i have a life outside of tv
tivo
Breaking Bondaduce is AWESOME.
Prison Break is OK
haven't seen any of the others (Grey's Anatomy isn't new)

Over There is one of the best shows on TV
My Name is Earl is borderline. At least worth watching again.
Weeds is pretty good
Rome sucks
Extras (hasn't shown in the US yet) kind of sucks. There are a couple good lines, but for the most part, it's lame.
Haven't seen Reunion, but it sounds like it could be interesting. Interesting premise anyway
Haven't seen any other new shows. I think I may have tivo'd Invasion last night.

Holy Shit the Lost premiere last night was fucking great.
yeah that Lost premiere rocked. was the guy in the underground thing the same guy he saw at the stadium where he was running?
yes.

Other observances:

And the other guy who got killed in that car accident was Shannon's father
The underground guy was injecting something with vial that had those lottery numbers on them
At the start of the episode, Desmond types the numbers with intervening spaces on the keyboard, followed by EXECUTE.

In addition to the 108's painted on the wall of the tunnel, you can see 42 and the words "I'M SICK".

Just before Shannon sees Walt, you can clearly hear the whispers say "Shannon".

When Jack is in the dome with the music blaring, you can hear someone yelling "Jack!". CC confirms it. To me, the voice is too high to be Locke, so I'm guessing Kate.

I'm guessing that Desmond set up the mirrors, or at least the one at the bottom of the shaft after Locke and Boone uncovered it, which let the daylight in. Either he's never been through it and the "hatch" has another entrance, or he came through a looong time ago.

Finally, the song lyrics include "You're gonna be lonely. You're gonna be fine(?), but lonely. It'll be tough going, but sometimes doing your thing the hardest thing to do." Looks like Desmond has a theme song, like the guy in that lousy ING commercial.
Galt Wrote:And the other guy who got killed in that car accident was Shannon's father
How do we know that?
His name was Mr. Rutherford. Her last name is Rutherford. I doubt it's a coincidence.
Breaking Bonaduce is so good. It's car crash TV, watching it and enjoying it makes me want to kick my own ass...

I couldn't even sit through My Fair Brady. Watching Peter and Adrianne on The Surreal Life was cool cause you had a hot young model throwing herself at a middle-aged rich former TV child star, but watching them play husband and wife is such an incredible bore.

And the Lost premiere was fucking awesome.
the only one i've watched is "my name is earl" and i liked it a lot
I guess I may be the only person watching Rome. That's ok, it's a little hard to follow.
rome isnt too bad. my housemates and i have been watching it. the soldiers are kinda funny

atia needs to get naked more often, though
Chris Angel - Mind Freak

Really fucking cool
i like Rome. but its not a warm and fuzzy or character-driven piece...which was a strength of Deadwood. it's story/politics driven, and characters just follow. its interesting nonetheless..and probably the only show i'll be watching regularly this season.

Lost: only saw a few episodes last season...got the 1st season on DVD. Will prob do same with second season.

Hockey season, also.
Lost has been amazing so far this year. They are making up for the first season where they kept you in the dark for everything.
I watched Extras last night and it was pretty dissapointing. the concept has a lot of potential and ricky gervais can be hysterical but the writing was bland.
That episode of Extras is the best one of the 6. There were some good scens with Kate Winslet. Other than that, the show is a massive letdown.
my brother swears by GhostHunters, which is a reality show on SciFi channel. i've watched an episode...pretty interesting
Kate Winslet stole the entire episode but it wasn't too bad, I liked it.

Rome is a huge letdown so far, it's got too many side stories when the one everyone is interested in is how Julius triumphed, though pullo is a likeable character the other guy and his whore wife storyline is drab and boring. Not enough history and too much of MarK Anthony's cock though its a handsome one.

Good to see curb your enthusiasm back.

when the fuck are the sopranos coming back? they're saying that season 7 is now a possibility but everyones been waiting for season 6 for like 9 years now.

I caught some episodes of Wanted on tnt I think, show seems pretty good, even has beecher from oz.

Breaking Bonaduce is like watching a man on his way to self destruction and its wonderful to enjoy others pain.

i love brady or whatever it is, is fuckin boring.

Hogan Knows Best was a letdown.
Pages: 1 2