CDIH

Full Version: The Warriors - is on Spike TV right now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Even though it's edited still so good.

Makes me want to get the directors cut DVD tomorrow.
it's not the same on edited tv, its like trying to watch scarface on tv, it's the worst to hear lines like: "where'd you get the beauty scar tough guy, eating *pause* pineapples?"
It's all i got.
Be lookin good Warriors. All the way back to Coney Island, you hear me babies?
that video game of the warriors looks good
Whats the difference between the new dvd and the old dvd ?
I caught it while flipping channels last night.

Why didn't anyone ever tell me this movie was so awesome?
we're the orphans! take off your colors and you can pass.
I bet arpi didn't just watch it, he lived it.
I was but a wee lad when this movie was released but i still remember all of the gang violence and news outrage that it incited.
Also, I used to hang with the lady who played the DJ, Lynn Thigpen. she was a cool woman. she is dead now.
TheGMANN Wrote:Whats the difference between the new dvd and the old dvd ?
Taken from:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/11/movies/11dvd.html">http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/11/movies/11dvd.html</a><!-- m -->

Walter Hill's 1979 film, an updating of Xenophon's "Anabasis," follows members of a Coney Island gang as they battle their way from the Bronx back to their home turf. The movie has become a canonical text for the hip-hop movement, is frequently quoted in lyrics and is faithfully imitated in stage demeanors. Its continuing notoriety has given Mr. Hill the chance to create a new version of "The Warriors" for its second DVD release, but rather than making any major alterations in this "Ultimate Director's Cut," Mr. Hill has contented himself with inserting some new transitions - frames that freeze into comic book images, with dialogue balloons and explanatory captions. The effect is to emphasize the film's stylized approach and to underline its connections to classical literature - in other words, to back off from the violent immediacy that was blamed for a handful of gang incidents in theaters during the film's first engagement.

It's an admirable humanistic gesture, but it does distract from the dark, ravishing beauty of Mr. Hill's hallucination of New York City in the down-and-out 70's. In "The Warriors," subway cars are still thick with graffiti, parks are deserted except for potential muggers and undercover cops, and the streets are eerily empty, all honest folk presumably cowering at home in bed. One of the movie's many balletic set pieces takes place in the Union Square subway station, well before its transformation into a shiny white public art project, and while you'd have to be crazy to want to return to that dismal, dangerous New York City, it sure does look seductive on film. Paramount Home Entertainment, $19.99, R.
there was a tv version that had the parts included where they show why each member of the warriors was picked to be in the warriors, thats not in the normal version/version i saw
i was hoping they would include that on this new release
fbd Wrote:that video game of the warriors looks good
yeah
Later on parents will be outraged because someone will find the code where you can gang-rape Mercy in the game.
I am fucking LOVING the game!

Nice to see Rockstar can do something right outside GTA...