CDIH

Full Version: So I'm at the pharmacy today - and there's this black woman as cashier
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I bring up my order, a pack of paper, 8 AAA batteries, 8 AA batteries, and a pack of pens. I plcae them before her, preparing her to scan them and pay her.

So she says

"You want a rain check for all that?"

A rain check? I've never even used a rain check before, and if I was going to, why would I bother to gather up all the crap I wanted and carry it up front? I felt insulted, as if I was black or something, like she was looking down on me as if I was a poor person.

"Why would I want a rain check on stuff I'm gonna pay for?"
"Well, I thought you saw our weekly circular."
"No, as a mater of fact, I didn't. I don't waste my time looking for coupons in some rag made out of recycled paper. I'm a white person, I've got plastic, bitch!"

"Please enter you PIN and yes or no on the cash back."
WTF is a rain check?? i know what it is for ball games but not sundries.

I also call major shenanigans on you having said : "I don't waste my time looking for coupons in some rag made out of recycled paper. I'm a white person, I've got plastic, bitch!"
I don't know what a rain check in a store is; I don't know how my products could be rained out, especially since they are in the store, where it is dry.
I guess you were at Rite-Aid
Walgreens
you coulda asked what it was and maybe this thread woulda had a point.
I thought a rain check was like if you went to a store to get Beef Jerky for $1.00 instead of $4.00 but they were all sold out, they'd give you this piece of paper that said once they got more in, you could get yours for $1.00 since the store failed to provide it for you at the time of the sale.

Also, you should use rechargeable batteries - theyre cheaper in the long run & much better for the environment.
I need batteries because I have no electricity
Goatweed Wrote:I thought a rain check was like if you went to a store to get Beef Jerky for $1.00 instead of $4.00 but they were all sold out, they'd give you this piece of paper that said once they got more in, you could get yours for $1.00 since the store failed to provide it for you at the time of the sale.

Also, you should use rechargeable batteries - theyre cheaper in the long run & much better for the environment.
yeah some stores do that like blockbuster for the "guaranteed in stock" films but few stores do it because its not profitable and they have the "while supplies last" on sale items.

If jays had asked her maybe we'd fuckin know! Instead of some hogwash about saying he's not a nigger to a black woman.
Goatweed Wrote:I thought a rain check was like if you went to a store to get Beef Jerky for $1.00 instead of $4.00 but they were all sold out, they'd give you this piece of paper that said once they got more in, you could get yours for $1.00 since the store failed to provide it for you at the time of the sale.
that is what a raincheck is, i have no idea what the clerk at the counter was talking about.
I hate having to explain everything to you guys.
The reason they asked jays if he wanted a rain check was because those items were going to be on sale in a few days/ or were on sale but not in that form. If he would have been smart enough he could have gone back to the store in a few days to get the savings he missed.
thank you!!!
"so I sez"