CDIH

Full Version: Which Satellite Radio Do You Own?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
...or plan to purchase.
Sirius, Keyser? Siriusly?
i'm a stern zombie.
i stopped listening when the show got too repetitive when the movie came out. Peaked during the Billy West years, and then ground to a stop once he started whining about the Hollywood lifestyle. But before that, I listened to him consistently from his start at K-Rock till about 1996.
One of my distributors at work has Airwares for about $190. I was thinking about getting one, but found a great deal on a Creative Zen player for $165 and decided to spring for that instead. Naturally, I'd prefer to steal the shows online if I knew where to get them.
my dad's car came with sirius...the music channels arent bad at all. but i personally steal shows
for me, theres nothing else worth listening to in the morning than stern.
I have XM on for most of the day, anywhere from 8 to 12 hours a day. At this point I couldn't live without.

Keyser is hypocrite, he has previously stated that he "doesn't pay for radio" so therefore his opinion means nothing.
I was initially against paying for radio, but I decided to give it a try since the XMPCR was ony $40 (pre-discontinuation) and there was no monthy commitment. Anyway, I ended up using it on a daily basis, and it's perfect for gaming since I can play music without having to run another app in the background.

Once I saw how easy it was to get the show, I dropped O&A since I never heard them live anyway, only to have them forced on me whrn they included them in the price increase. Even if they get tossed off XM I'd keep it, it's a joy to hear commercial free music.

I tried Sirius also, but through the online feed and it seemed decent as well but not enough to justify having another bill - as for Stern, I'll be getting him through torrents like I do now.
i didnt want to pay for O&A, but i'm willing to pay for Stern.

i've also come to the conclusion that there really is absolute shit on terrestrial radio these days. i find myself listening to CDs, iPod or talk radio. i think satellite radio might get me listening to freeform music radio again.
Sterns best days are long gone, IMO. Then again, I listened to him at WNBC and then again at KROCK, some of the best radio, until Billy West and then Jackie the Hackman left. After they left, it's been nothing but a repeat of the same crap, no reason to subscribe to a has been.
billy west and jackie were minor contributors, i dont notice a chance with their absence except for some imitations and cackles. stern might be a has been, im not going to get into a stern vs O&A battle, its just personal preference. some people like jazz, some people don't. to each his own.
Fucking Stern Zombie. Have fun listening to a whole 160 shows a year, this is Howie's one last big fuck you to his so called fans. Wake up, dumb asses.
i'll prob get XM since i can get the new MyFi radios for $99 and 6 months for $38...seems like a good self-gift since overpaying for a xbox360 this holiday season seems too much. But I have ZERO interest in Sirius or Stern.

EDIT:

you two should fuck, btw.

Edited By Gooch on 1131746181
I was checking out The 360 at CC and was pretty impressed with the graphics on COD 2, the controls still stink, IMO.
360 is the shizznit. i wasn't impressed with the P3's lineup. controls....well, look at the xbox orig. controls. anything is better than THAT.

360 packages are just wayyyyy too much. plus i want to mod it with a chip like the xbox. the modded xbox was fabulouso. i want Elder Scrolls, Hockey, Perfect Dark Zero..and those will keep me busy for a few months.
The PS3 controls could make or break that system. I hope they work/function better then that boomerang thing. Games are the most important thing to me. Gears of War for 360 looks amazing, but me being a SOCOM junkie Sony gets first dibs on my money.
i steal shows
i have a myfi. i listen a few times aday for at least an hour at a time. i have it hooked up in my car & i like that i'm able to switch from car to car & i can take it on the road with me when i travel with work. i listen to r&f online at home when i get the chance if im not in my car.

i do like a bunch of the other channels that xm has aside from 202. theres only so many times in one day i can hear the same o&a show (right now its on 4 times, r&f twice). plus xm has a lot of extra channels online that aren't on the receivers.

how can you get 6 months for $38?
why do you keep saying stern is going to be on 4 times a week, where are you getting this information?
Pages: 1 2