CDIH

Full Version: I got called for jury duty today.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I had to go in for jury duty today. What amazes me was no matter how much I acted like a dick and tried to show I was against the first case I was forced to listen to, I was picked to sit on the jury. What the fuck kinda lawyers, (given they were public defenders). But the case involves a cop who fell outside his precinct while on duty and is suing for personal injuries suffered. BTW his fall took place in 1994. BUt I said I wasn't too partial to cops cause they keep the brothers down, I mentioned the Diallo thing. I also mentioned I suffered a similar inury in a car accident and felt everyone should sue. I went on and on and yet they still picked me. No wonder the justice system is all fucked up.

BTW I wanna give a shout out to my brotha The Brain who I met in the park today while on break, sup yo?
Quote:BTW I wanna give a shout out to my brotha The Brain who I met in the park today while on break, sup yo?
Ummmm yeah, in the park. Sure.
It's ok, you can tell us he was the second case. Man, always tryin to keep the black man down. Jeesh. What did he do? Drugs? Robbery? Murder??
not to sound like a dick but...........
lawyers scan the potential jurors and look for people who they perceive to be stupid and easily swayed.

by the way, it sucks to be you. i sat on a jury once.....when i was eighteen years old. i tried getting out of it by saying all sorts of shit like i was racist, all to no avail. unless you're a juror on a murder trial you'll be bored outta your skull.

Edited By LZMF1 on April 02 2002 at 01:51
If this is your first time on a jury your in for a big dose of reality. When the case is over and it's time to vote, your fellow juror's will be more interested in leaving and picking up their kids than the facts presented to you. My advise is concentrate on the hottest juror and invite her for a drink when the case is finished. Gives you something to do. God bless democracy!
I personally thought it'd be 3 posts in, before someone took that underhand pitch.
just say if you dont go home soon you are going to kill everyone in the room, including their families.
Quote:If this is your first time on a jury your in for a big dose of reality. When the case is over and it's time to vote, your fellow juror's will be more interested in leaving and picking up their kids than the facts presented to you.

Reality, lol. Dude I was more interested about putting my cum stick in the power outlet than listening to the facts. I'm gonna vote against him. First of he's last name is ramirez so fuck him. He should be hapy he's not unloading milk crates in a local supermarket. Secondly I'm not wasting tax payers money by awarding him money from the city.

I also agree that they pick simpleminded people, I didn't take it personally cause I did act like a fuckin retard the whole time, yeah yeah I know it's not hard for me to act like one, lol.
Quote:Reality, lol. Dude I was more interested about putting my cum stick in the power outlet than listening to the facts. I'm gonna vote against him. First of he's last name is ramirez so fuck him. He should be hapy he's not unloading milk crates in a local supermarket. Secondly I'm not wasting tax payers money by awarding him money from the city.
My point excactly "he's just a poor guy who needs the money the city can afford it" you wait and see some asshole will think he deserves millions
Well I am gonna listen to the vidence and if the guy did actually hurt himself and deserves monetary damamges. If he lost wages I can understand that and if he's asking for like 25 grand ok but if he is suing for like 500 grand of in the millions fuck him. I totally destroyed my knee to the point where I need knee replacement surgery and the pain is unbearable most days and all I got was 15 grand and after lawyer fees and doctors fees it came out to about 6 grand. But I am not gonna sit around for days or even hours discussing anything, I have my own shit and problems. I joke but if it's reasonable I won't screw the guy, shit we spend thousands on each prisoner we keep in jail and so much money is wasted by the city, let him get a piece of the action. So long as it is reasonable.
arent you supposed to keep the details of a case a secret until it's over? Big Grin
Quote:arent you supposed to keep the details of a case a secret until it's over?

Quote:Reality, lol. Dude I was more interested about putting my cum stick in the power outlet than listening to the facts.
HAHAHA

Edited By boodadude on April 02 2002 at 02:19
Just fall asleep and start snoring in the jury box. They'll throw you out.
The Painter Wrote:Just fall asleep and start snoring in the jury box. They'll throw you out.
Or hold you in contempt.
Wasn't it George Carlin that said: "The easiest way to get out of jury duty is to tell the judge that you can spot guilty people from a mile away"?

*Edit: I was called for "Grand Jury" duty a couple years back. What an effin mess that woulda been. Like 6 months worth of coming in every wednesday. Anyway...

I was releaved at first that there were so many people that wanted to be on the jury that they didn't even get to me. I, along with most of the people that were originally notified to appear, was sent home after about an hour or so.

After thinking about it for a while on the way home... I got a bit scared. Why did these people want to be on the jury? If they wanted it bad enough to not try to get out of it, shouldn't they have been excluded? I mean if it is about fairness and justice... These effin whackado's obviously had some other agenda. They were bringing preconceived notions and personal biases with them like anyone else but, they wanted this opertunity to be heard and to matter so badly.

I don't know... I sure hope I never have to appear before a grand jury.

Edited By barch97 on April 02 2002 at 1:23
if only it were that easy to get out of your civil duty.............

i better shut the fuck up. i got out of federal jury duty a few years back and i don't want to jinx myself.
Man, I hate when cops sue for personal injuries. But, that's another story.

Dude, you should have told them that you knew the cop or that he had arrested you once. Instant "get off jury duty" card.
I've been called for jury duty twice already. I don't even have to lie. Go figure, they don't want a spic from the projects on the jury. :confused:
That's what you get for sending those cards back. They gave up on me a long time ago.
I would just say I hate white people, and they'd let me go.

Then again, I don't vote. So, I don't get called.
Kid Afrika Wrote:I would just say I hate white people, and they'd let me go.

Then again, I don't vote. So, I don't get called.
dumbass, it has nothing to do with weather you vote or not.

do you have a valid driver's license?

if you do there is a chance that you will get called for it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4