CDIH

Full Version: I am domesticated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I looked up recipes online today. I now suffer your derision with my shame.

Moo Shu Pork Pockets
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray, Food Network

Recipe Summary
Difficulty: Medium
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
User Rating: 5 Stars

1 pound ground pork
2 cups shredded cabbage (1/2 a 16-ounce package cole slaw mix)
A few pinches ground cayenne pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 gingersnap cookies, ground in food processor
1/4 cup aged tamari soy sauce
1 tablespoon (1 turn around the pan in a slow drizzle) wok or vegetable oil
6 large (12-inch) flour tortillas
1 cup hoisin sauce
Toppings:
Shred up a pile of your favorite raw vegetables or
2 cups shredded cabbage
Shredded carrots
Fresh bean sprouts
Thinly sliced scallions

Combine the pork, cabbage, cayenne pepper, garlic, gingersnap cookies, and soy sauce in a bowl. Form mixture into patties. Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add wok or vegetable oil to the pan. Cook patties 7 minutes on each side.
Heat tortillas on a nonstick surface over high heat for 30 seconds on each side. Paint the tortillas with hoisin sauce, leaving a 1-inch rim from edge. Pile shredded mixed veggies in center of tortilla and top with cooked pork patty. Fold the tortilla up on all four sides and wrap burger in a square package. Invert pork pocket and cut on diagonal. Serve pockets with jasmine rice sundaes and cucumber salad.
Arpikarhu Wrote:i think robinson cano is going to be all star caliber this year.

i delight in your fall from short-lived posting brilliance
you are fucking damn right i am taunting you! what are you gonna do about it? huh? huh?

GO YANKEES!!
damn it! he ruined the context of my previous post.
Arpikarhu Wrote:you are fucking damn right i am taunting you! what are you gonna do about it? huh? huh?

GO YANKEES!!

I delight in this fall from modding.
Arpikarhu Wrote:you are fucking damn right i am taunting you! what are you gonna do about it? huh? huh?

GO YANKEES!!

you're so sexy when you get worked up - I love it!
do you think he's breathing heavy from the digit-laden exertion onto the keyboard?
GRRRRR! ARGH!!!
I think he just needs a hug & possibly a backrub - he's wound up tight.
i hate you with a hate thats hateful
"Mom and Pops" Moo-Shu Pork

1 pound pork, julienned

1 tablespoon minced garlic

1 tablespoon minced ginger

1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms

2 cups shredded white cabbage

3/4 cup bamboo shoots, julienned (may use canned that have been rinsed well in cold water)

3/4 cup wood ear mushrooms, julienned (rehydrated)

1 cup hoisin-lime sauce

3 eggs, beaten lightly

1 bunch scallions, made into scallion brushes (to make brushes, hold scallion green and with a paring knife, make several vertical slices through white part. Immediately submerge in ice water and they will fan out, becoming “brushes”)

4-6 chinese pancakes, steamed hot

Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper

Canola or grapeseed oil to cook

1. In a wok filled with 1 cup oil, bring to high temperature and add the pork. Using a strainer, quickly move around the pork and cook until medium rare, only 1 minute. Remove, strain pork and set aside.

2. Leave 2 tablespoons of oil in the wok and return to high heat. Add eggs to hot oil and scramble. Set them aside with cooked pork.

3. With remaining oil in wok, stir fry the garlic, ginger, and shiitake mushrooms until soft, about 2-3 minutes and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.

4. Add the cabbage, bamboo shoots, and wood ear mushrooms and continue stir frying 2-3 minutes.

5. Add half of the hoisin-lime and check for flavor.

6. Meanwhile, in a steamer, heat the pancakes until hot.

7. Lay individual pancakes on plates and paint on hoisin-lime sauce with the scallion brushes. Top with Moo-Shu, lay on 2 scallion brushes and roll up.
Arpikarhu Wrote:i hate you with a hate thats hateful

now I know you're not serious - you sound like someone trying to imitate you (and doing it poorly).
the easiest way to imitate Arpi is put a dick in your mouth.
that's not very nice, Ken.
see, you sound just like him.
Quote:Cano has pulled out of the World Baseball Classic, the Yankees' official site report

good. i want him fresh for the season
Gooch not to one up yah but i went on The Paula Dean food tour on my most recent trip to Savannah.
and i must say i enjoyed it picked up a great recipie for shrimp and grits.
you are a living stereotype
Black Lazerus Wrote:Gooch not to one up yah but i went on The Paula Dean food tour on my most recent trip to Savannah.
and i must say i enjoyed it picked up a great recipie for shrimp and grits.

i've been cooking more often lately. shrimp and grits sounds interesting. i did have a great fried grits along with a molasses glazed pork chop at Big Daddys on Long Island. Besides that, I don't think I ever had grits before that, unless i was drunk in some Dennys.

i've also started watching the Food Network (add fat jokes here). Food Network, Travel Channel and Discovery channel are now my big faves.
Gooch Wrote:(add fat jokes here).

there IS a fat joke here,
I just can't find it....

but something about you being domesticated and all the Pork recipes is screaming for a put down.
Pages: 1 2