CDIH

Full Version: Time of your life..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What was the one part of your life, so far ofcourse that you considered "the best"?

It could be a year or a weekend, a point where you wish it could have gone on forever.

For me it has to be 2 points:

The first was a weekend I spent with my friend Ryan in jersey. We went away for the weekend to 'Great Adventure'. We shacked up in a little motel, drank a ton of beer and rum. Met some chicks at a bar. Drove around in his convertable listened to sublime, bob marley and metallica. This was back in august of 1997. I was actually in shape believe it or not back then and was still in college and just free. I had a part time job I loved and Ryan was actually my boss, so that was a plus. I was havin a blast in school. I had nothing but a golden road ahead, plus Great Adventue, lol. Just layin around drunk with him and talking about all our hopes was even fun, it was so peaceful. I've never felt that peace since then. I was having a horrible time at home, I never felt 'love' so to speak. My father I never knew and I was raised by an absentee mother till I was 16 I rarely saw her. An abusive boyfriend she had who just totally fucked with me mentally and physically (not in the sexual sense). Ryan was the first 'best friend' I ever had, he showed me love like none other. He's gone now and I will never forget him or that weekend, I miss him almost everyday of my life and wish we coulda spent more time together.

The second believe it or not was an OA.com party. The brooklyn party, not cause it was at my place. Honestly not even the party itself it was a few moments before the party and after the party. Two guys one was Buttmunch and The other was sean. Sean has basically become for me what Ryan was, my best friend and more than that. I really have a problem with trust, I also have a problem with laying problems of my own on others so I box it in and it hurts most of the time. Anyway, barring that. The moments I spent with sean and buttmunch were just so great, it was 'innocent' so to speak. I considered the two of them like brothers from another mother. Buttmunch and I have grown apart over many things that were my fault and his fault but beyond that. I still do care cause of the bond we had and that moment cemented it. No bullshit, no politics, no hate, no backstabbing on the board... nothing but people hanging out for the sake of just fun times. I'm sad that was only a moment in time though.

I also have to add, that I have one that still hasn't stopped. That is every moment I spend here with you guys. People I love like Sean, Seph, Magus, Sluggo, Grumpy/Frumpy, Snuka, Slackjaw, Spitfire, Ikea, AntD, AM, Maynard, Faceman, Lazerus, Jackmehoff, Tricia, Rape, Hybrid, Sleeper, fbdling, and the list goes on and on I fuckin hope this never ends...

Edited By GonzoStyle on April 06 2002 at 01:26
It isn't a good sign when you can't immediately think of a time you've really enjoyed, is it?

Maybe I'm just tired.
Quote:It isn't a good sign when you can't immediately think of a time you've really enjoyed, is it?

Call me...
any time when you're with your best friends just hanging out and doing nothing, but it makes you happy is a great time. some of my best memories stem from something that happened while just hanging out.

Edited By HyBriD on April 06 2002 at 01:34
Anywhere between 1997 and 2000. I made much more money later in that timeframe than earlier, but I had so much fucking fun at work. I was great friends with the small group of people that I worked with, and had great business relationships with the people that I dealt with outside of my company.

Everything in my career was jamming on all cylanders, and I was positive that I'd be a millionare by 30. Of course, the stock market, changed that thought, but I've never been as happy in all facets of my life as when I was king of the world in my company, and everything was perfect for me work-wise.
some of these are kinda stupid, but still...

the summer of my graduation from 8th grade(3 years ago) was great(technically, the summer of graduation, seeing as how this is a few events over june-august).first, you have to understand that for 9 years me and most of my freinds were stuck in this shitty catholic grade school.it was probably no worse than other grade schools, but for us, and kids everywhere, it sucked.the graduation itself was great, sitting there looking around at my friends.girls were crying about losing friends, and, in a moment i will always remeber, my friend bob whispered/yelled my name from three rows back with a huge shit-eating grin and simply says "i gradutated!!!".then came the parties.most of them blend together, but they were all so fun for the various shit we did.no drinking or drugs at any of them, but just total fun almost every week.

next, the summer my brother spent in spain 2 summers ago.he was there as an exchange student, which left me home alone almost every weekday.it was the last months of my dog's life, since she had been diagnosed with throat and lung cancer a week before he left.i have tons of memories of waking up each morning, carrying my snes downstairs, turning on the computer, and sitting there surfing, playing ff2, and getting some final time in with my childhood pet, who we put to sleep a few weeks after my bro got home

next, any night of the dozen or so over the past year or so spent with my brother and my best friend.my brother and i have always been close, and my best friend has been in school with me since kindergarten, although i wasnt close until i moved across town in third grade, around the block from her.every day we;d hang out on the bus, since everyone else our age got off at the first few stops, but i digress from the good times.over the past year or so, it hasnt been an unexpected site to see her at my door one some night, coming over unannounced to hang out.the three of us just sit around, talking, watching tv, and basically doing whatever we can to annoy the living shit out of each other.one really memorable night was the meteor shower a few months back.she came over around 9, left at 6.we had tons of fun that night, wether watching little nicky and chasing amy, sitting out on my lawn watching meteors, or sneaking up behind someone sitting down and poking them into a convulsion.i love those nights...

finally, times spent with my first actual girlfriend last summer.we only really went out 4 times, but they were great nights.one of them, us and a few mutual friends at a church carnival.we had to spend the night dodging the guy she dumped because she was cheating with me(actually, he's a close friend of mine now.not sure if he knows she cheated, though), and frequently found ourselves alone from the group.unfortunately, i had no idea how to take a hint, and i could have easily gotten at least to second that night, but ended up not even trying to hit.i'll always remember the look in her eyes i saw when we were alone together, and how happy she was when i won her a goldfish

wow, i feel really sappy now
My best time in recent Memory has been going back to school. I thouroughly enjoy all my classes and the thought that someday I will graduate and have a degree that will earn me a lot of money thrills me greatly.
Quote:Seph, Magus
HEY!! I'm the older one!! I should have been listed first!!

Honestly.. it's hard to say.. I had such a shitty time latter half of last year it's hard to pick out anything exceptionally good.. it's all kinda clouded over.
Certainly, meeting and spending time with the friends I've made via the internet has been a great time, just as spending time with my childhood friends is.. that's ALWAYS good...
Graduating college, even though it got me nowhere.. was certainly a sense of accomplishment..
oh jeez.. thanks gonzo.. got me thinking "what's good in my life" when I'm down and have had a beer or two...............
think I'll go post in the Melancholia now......
For me, it was right after I graduated High School. Me and a few friends rented a house down by the Jersey shore (I saw "few, I mean about 15"), and was down there for about 2 weeks. Basically it was parties every night, sleep until 2pm, go to the beach, then do it all again. I can honestly say I havent had as much fun as I did those 2 weeks since then. Most of them are gone now, Im one of the few people who stayed in NY to go to college (most of them went to out-of-state colleges, or went to study abroad). <font color="EEEEEE">

Edited By Sephiroth on April 06 2002 at 07:02
So Gonz, you and your friend had this hotel room, met up with some chicks at a bar, drove around with them in a convertable and you just laid around with your friend in the motel room and he showed you love like no other??? Not that theres anything [cough]wrong[/cough] with that.

And you forgot to mention me in your love list. Just an oversight, I know. Big Grin
As much as my life kinda sucks some times...
I wouldn't change a damn thing about it.
I have to aggree with Gonzo, :loveya: about the fact that what we have here, now, as silly as it my seem to people, is something that brings me alot of happiness...
You people have broken the monotony, kinda helped get my brain working again, let me see that you can truly make new friends without meeting them.
I have to go now...
I'm gonna lose it...

:Confusedob!::
You're not alone, Noelle. (Is that the preffered abbreviation? Sometimes its a bit ambiguous, you know?) I'd be hard pressed to name anything. [Long pause, sitting back in my chair] Wow, I am ONE pathetic loser. I can think of a dozen or so equally great moments and they're all just sitting around in the halls at scool with friends.
time of my life...i owe that all to the amazing eclectic group of friends that i have. i cherish each and every single one of them with all my heart. i care about them more then i care about myself. i met most of them 7 years ago, and through out all of our fights and disagreements...we have made it through. from drunken weeks at the jersey shore to just sitting and just being with each other had made me have the times of my life...and i believe that they are far from over.

Edited By virgingrrl on April 06 2002 at 1:23
Night the Rangers won the Stanley Cup. It was the last time that all of my friends from high school hung out in the same place at the same time. (It was all the kids around the block, and we all gathered at a friend's house to watch the game.)

After the Rangers won, we stayed up all night, drinking, having fun, and talking. It was a great night.
My best time was really kind of stupid, but for some reason, I never forgot It.
I grew up In the bronx, and the only place that we had to hang out without getting hassled by the cops, was In the woods along side the Hutchinson river pkwy. It wasn't really woods, but any place In the bronx with trees was like the forest to us.
One night when I was about 16 or 17, me and my 5 best friends had a little fire going, and we had my friend vinny's radio cranking, and we we're getting drunk on 40's that the dot-heads at Amoco sold us, regardless of our ages. I miss that Amoco....
Anyway, we we're having a great time, and then the Black crowes "Hard to handle" came on the radio. For some reason, we all started singing it and moshing around the weeds (None of us even liked the crowes. we we're all metal heads) It sounds gay, but that was the best night we ever had together, just partying for the sake of partying. I think deep down, we all knew things wouldnt be that simple much longer, and we would have to start becoming adults soon.
I hate being an adult.
I can think of a few times with my friends from college that were outstanding. Times when we were just hanging out, not doing anything special. But, we were so comfortable with each other and relaxed. Those times when it just clicks and everyhting in the world is perfect.

Those are the times when you don't worry about what the people your with will think about you depending on what you say or do because they already know you as well as anyone can.

One in particular was one of the last times we were able to get EVERYBODY together in one place for a camping trip. (Life, work, etc. makes it almost impossible to do anymore. And it was a large group of almost 2 dozen.) We were just sitting around the campfire drinking and talking. One guy pulled out his guitar and started playing and singing. Then we started just bullshitting, a lot like the conversations on this board actually. Just one of those perfect nights with friends.
The summer when I was thirteen, I learned how to ride a bike and started paying attention to music and rock. The world seemed limitless. The bike gave me freedom and the music gave me a way out of the hell that is a religious upbringing. This was when hair metal ruled the earth and nothing has ever sounded quite as sweet to my ears since.

Edited By Mr. Brownstone on April 06 2002 at 7:25
why do I find it funny that you didn't learn to ride a bike until you were 13?
Quote:why do I find it funny that you didn't learn to ride a bike until you were 13?
Because you're a joyless rotten bastard.
well then, i guess i'm a joyless rotten bastard too {:p}
Pages: 1 2 3