CDIH

Full Version: What's wrong with "big" wrestlers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So many people seem to be happy with the news that Kevin Nash is on the shelf for up to 7 months and I was kinda wondering why.

This is in no way meant as a criticism. I'm just curious as to why a lot of people hate the big, non-wrestling wrestlers.

I definitely agree with you to a point that they are slow and can't wrestle worth a shit, but the bottom line is they aren't there to show off their aerial abilities. They are in no means meant to be Jeff Hardy or Billy Kidman. They are there because they are huge and the persona they exhibit is one of a huge monster that is supposed to be feared because they look like they can kill you.

For example, people like Kevin Nash, Sid, Hogan, Undertaker, Kane, Andre, Big Show, & Goldberg aren't meant to put on a wrestling clinic. They are there to destroy people with power moves.

Don't get me wrong, I think the high-flyers and technical wrestlers are great, but why then does everyone get on the case of the big guys just because they can't wrestle? In my opinion there is room for both and "sports entertainment" would be boring if there was only one type of wrestler. Leave the actual wrestling to the smaller to medium sized guys and the destruction to the monsters.
brock lesnar is the man.
i don't dislike the big-men or monsters...i just enjoy a wrestling match more . i dont even mind if they have their power matches, actually:punch: ...its when it gets to all the talking in teh ring that i get all pissed off...
In my case, I just enjoy watching talented wrestlers wrestle. I'd rather watch a guy like Vader, who can bring it in the ring, than a guy like Spike Dudley, who can't. I'd say that on average, the smaller guys work harder and are better wrestlers because they have to work hard to get noticed, whereas bigger guys like Big Show and Undertaker don't offer anything in the ring, because they've had the world handed to them by size-mark promoters who subscribe to Kevin Nash's theory that people don't watch wrestling to see wrestling, they watch to see "people who can turn heads in an airport."

Yes, he really did say that.
yeah, Vader had the best moonsault! although I'm a fan of LSD ...heh, I can never completely agree with Sir O Tongue

I don't like big guys as much for a simple reason: they're mostly slow as shit, and the only wrestling moves you'll see out of most is punch-punch-clothesline-big boot-punch-clothesline-chokeslam- etc. Some variety and some actuall wrestling moves would be nice...
<font color=white>

Edited By Spitfire on April 08 2002 at 4:12
:punch: :punch:

thats not a wrestling match?
I'm glad Nash is on the bench because I'm sick of the NWO. I find them boring because every damn match they're involved in is fuggin predictable. I was an Old School Undertaker fan, I don't like the whole Biker thing, and Kane is another of my Favorite wrestlers. I guess I like watching the big guys that have an angle than just a guy like Big Show who kills everyone but some how loses in the end.
I think big wrestlers serve a purpose in the ring. Who doesn't remember the first time they saw Andre the Giant either live or on TV and just sat in awe at seeing this huge mountain of a man throw his competition around like they were dolls. He certainly led the way for all of the alleged 7-footers in the game now. Maybe the problem isn't the fact that there are big wrestlers.....maybe its that there are so many of them these days. Taker, Kane, Nash, Big Slow are all around now, either active or not. Back when Andre was still wrestling, there was 1...maybe 2 big men active at a time. Andre overlapped with Hogan and Studd...but I don't remember so many at one time.

Now, the fat guys....they're always funny to watch. To this day some of my favorite matches to watch were Haystack Calhoun vs. Crusher Blackwell.....nothing funnier than watching one of those two guys try to get back up if they got knocked down :roflmao:
Jerry Blackwell? Good god man. I just saw that lardie on the Classic AWA PPV, it was just a disgusting fuckin show. Blackwell was such a fuckin slob.

I just wish the Big Show would finally take wrestling serious. The guy actually has talent for the big douche he is but is too on and off.
Blackwell is still alive? Holy fucking shit! I would have pegged him for heart attack city years ago!!

I agree with you about the Show. They're worrying too much about making a character out of him. Being that fucking big should be character enough. Remember when Kane showed up....he was untouchable...didn't matter what you hit him with...it didn't phase him. I think Spike Dudley might be the only pro active now who hasn't beaten the Show.....ponderous, f'in ponderous!
Blackwell is beyond dead. The PPV I am talking about is this shitty one hosted by mean Gene showing "classic" AWA Matches from the 80's
Oh oh...my bad man. That would have truly been a medical miracle of that tub o goo was still around