CDIH

Full Version: 9/11 Movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So Oliver Stone is directing a movie about 9/11 <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://imdb.com/title/tt0469641/">http://imdb.com/title/tt0469641/</a><!-- m -->

It's not as much about the attacks as it is about two people who were trapped under the rubble after the attacks, this is the plot outline:

Quote:In the aftermath of the World Trade Center disaster, hope is still alive. Refusing to bow down to terrorism, rescuers and family of the victims press forward. Their mission of rescue and recovery is driven by the faith that under each piece of rubble, a co-worker, a friend a family member may be found. This is the true story of John McLoughlin and William J. Jimeno, the last two survivors extracted from Ground Zero and the rescuers who never gave up. It's a story of the true heroes of that fateful time in the history of the United States when buildings would fall and heroes would rise, literally from the ashes to inspire the entire human race.

I figured it would be about 5 years before a major motion picture was made, theres been a couple tele-films on the subject. It was pretty much a given that Oliver Stone would be chomping at the bit to be the first director to step up. I hope he doesn't try to work in any of his conspiracy theories into this though...

"watch as the second tower gets hit..... back and to the left, back and to the left..... back and to the left".
while I respect the right of filmmakers to make movies based on the subject matter, having lived through it I really have 0 interest in seeing a movie about it, or about people dealing with it.
These movies are about 25 years too early. We didn't get WWII pictures till recently, Nam picturs till recently, desert storm movies came out recently and what we're seeing is a lack of time between the events and the movies.

50 years before WWII movies
30 years before Vietnam movies
6 years before Desert Storm movies
4 years before 9/11

WAY TOO SOON. This will surely cause some controversy. Just like United 93, which I will not be seeing either.

Hollywood has run out of ideas. They have to take away from current events and tragedies. Vultures.
the whole idea of waiting a certain amount of years is completely lame and fake ethical bullshit to try and justify/denounce it.

with all the news coverage and videos, we've seen a lot of the real stuff already. whats the point in waiting?
it could take 50 years, I doubt I'd want to watch them. I can still smell the burning that was in lower manhattan for the better part of a month afterwards.
i want to see it
Quote:We didn't get WWII pictures till recently

no one had an issue with this?
I got overzealous with my looking for things Hollywood took and made movies of.

But remember that girl that was a POW and was raped and tortured and shit. I forget her name but like 3 days after she got rescued someone bought the movie rights.
Jessica Lynch

but come on WW2 movies were being made during WW2. Vietnam movies have been out for decades.
Pearl Harbor movies though??
From here to eternity, Tora Tora Tora.
Alright fine. You win this round.

I still think it's wrong and shouldn't be done probably ever but I think I'd be more receptive to it 20 years from now.
I don't see a problem with it because we're seeing it as new yorkers, but I think it's good for the other 49 states to be reminded of what happened. Also it should be constant reminder for us that it's not just "stuff that happens over there". As big an impact as 9/11 had, a majority of people still dont get it, or get it for the wrong reasons.

I'm just not sure if Stone is the right man to make this film.
it looks good from the posters.
the problem is that it's probably doomed to fail.
with the current politically charged environment, if it appears to leaning too far to the left or right, it'll be canned as propagandic garbage.

if it doesn't explore the wacky far left conspiracy theories, they'll protest it..

if it doesn't portray muslims in the best light possible, they'll riot..

you know, the same old tired ass predictable reactions you can see coming a mile away.
stock reactions rivaled only in arpi's posts.