CDIH

Full Version: studio 60
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i caught the pilot tonight. so far is a really good show. very pompous like they know that they are being smart & edgy. But the writing is good. i used to hate amanda peet, but she didnt annoy me as much as usual in tonights episode. but who knows if her part is going to change once her character becomes comfortable as the boss. it was a good show. i'm sure you can find it online, but if not its going to be on bravo twice this week. Sep 20 at 11:00pm & Sep 24 at 11:00pm.
well it's a sorkin show, so the being a smart and edgy show while knowing it as well, is a given.

the west wing was like that but I still loved it, cause the characters were so good.

I gotta check this one out
i've been watching it. i never watched west wing ever.
so far it seems kinda slow i guess? i like perry but i just find him funny in general. the love story line with him is really annoying though.
i never saw the appeal of amanda peet, always thought she was decent looking, but so far this i thought shes been real good and pretty hot.
so far it seems like entourage where every episode ends on a happy note. hopefully this means some bad stuff will eventually start happening soon, but is this something they did with the west wing too? seems like everything is tied up nicely at the end up the episode and then "yaay new show next week" and it just starts again.
i guess i should explain that better
i realize there are on going story plots. the dui/presidents past life, the love thing, the relationship with the writers being the main ones.
but so far every episode had its own minor conflict that gets wrapped up nicely at the end with everyone happy and smiling. i know lots of shows are like this, but the beginning of this seasons entourage specifically sticks out to me right now.
so, obviously theres going to be a melt down somewhere thats bigger than all those other current ongoing problems. i just kinda wish they'd get to it already.
I watched the first three episodes - no more. The preachiness and the way they talk annoys the hell out of me.

Similar to NYPD where every person has the exact same cadence and the exact same dialogue. Every character has exactly one snarky dimention, and the writer doesn't know how to write any other way.

It's annoying.
I still havent watched it but I loved west wing, atleast the first 3-4 seasons.
One of the things I didn't like about the West Wing was how that bald jew speech writer and the other guy (the bad guy from Billy Madison) spoke in sarcastic short-bursts (kind of like how actors in the 40s and 50s spoke).

EVERYONE on this show speaks like that.
I loved Toby

wasn't a fan of the bad guy from billy madison though, he just annoyed me.

I loved the old guy though, who played the chief of staff, john spencer.
i loved him in billy madison, he was such a dick it was great.
i've been watching the show, but i'm slowly losing interest in it. it's starting to repeat itself kind of & its only been 3 weeks. every episode has some MAJOR crisis that they have to overcome. its becomming annoying.
You would be more appealing if you developed some of your own opinions instead of just repeating anything I said.

Jeez.
where'd you mention the major crisis? HUH?
i kinda mentioned the crisis part actually
yeah but no one pays attention to you
touche'
wow, beth gettin saucy, thats fuckin hot.
i actually liked this week episode, don't know why. maybe they should just focus more on peet making decisions for the network instead of the awful studio 60 show. the sketches they show are brutal.
i dindt watch it yet this week. i dvr'd it, but for some reason not that excited about checking it out.
I broke up with that show last week. It was for the best. We just have different priorities in life.
16 minutes in, i'm bored already
Pages: 1 2