CDIH

Full Version: Xp: active windows/programs close w/o warning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I usually just give up and accept the fact that I'm completely computer illiterate, but this is fucking pissing me off. I installed XP about a month ago and everything was pretty much okay till this past week. Whatever I'm using, whether it be Internet Explorer, AOL, Paint Shop Pro, AIM, or just some document folder, quite frequently the program/window just completely blinks out. One second I'm browsing CDIH, then BOOM, the window closes on it's own and all I see is my desktop background until it refreshes and the taskbar shows up (sort of like when you start Windows up). Whenever IE shuts down like this, I've noticed that I don't lose my internet connection, but all the IE windows disappear. If it's PSP, the program blinks out w/o prompting me to save or anything. Help me!

*It just happened twice while I was typing all this shit up.
reinstall xp
I agree with Arpi. I dont think anything else will fix it.
Fuck, I hope we still have the disk here. Thanks, guys. I'll try it tonight if I can find the disk in this mess.
Oh no...I installed XP a week ago. So far, so good. Is this what I have to look forward to, besides my printer and Norton Antivirus no longer working?
The only version of NAV that is compatible with Windows XP is NAV 2002. If you upgraded your OS to Windows XP, then you must uninstall the previous version of NAV manually and then upgrade to NAV 2002.

You can buy the upgrade HERE or u can PM me for another way to obtain a copy :firebounce:
Please, please tell me you're kidding. And check your PM.
Danked, explorer is crashing. That's all, no big deal. What happens is, explorer runs in the shell and controls everything within windows, essentially. that is why you see your task bar reload and your desktop probably flashes, too. Explorer is crashing and restarting itself. I would go to <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.microsoft.com/ie">http://www.microsoft.com/ie</a><!-- w --> and get any patches/updates you can find for your current version of IE, or upgrade to IE6.
theres another thing you can do and that is to turn off the option that automatically closes windows that xp thinks is frozen...THis site has info on it

Edited By Bartman on April 11 2002 at 4:32
….just a guess but…it could be a problem with your resources …..perhaps you have to much activity within the system tray. I know it’s a real pain in the a$$ when that happens…. good luck
uninstall XP and install 2000. if you're using cable modem and BlackIce, make sure you download the win2000 security patch from BlackIce.