CDIH

Full Version: Star wars vs. star trek - Let the debate begin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Blame it on Kid A. He wanted more "discussion" and "debate".

It's a classic internet geek debate.

SW Good Guys vs. ST Bad Guys
ST Good Guys vs. SW Bad Guys
Or any other combination.

Who kicks the most ass? Could the enterprise take on a Star Destroyer? Could Rogue Squadron take out a Borg Cube?
I have never seen a Star Destroyer fire...

All I know is that the Argo would kick the Enterprise's ass because all the damage would be contained to the third bridge.
Quote:All I know is that the Argo would kick the Enterprise's ass because all the damage would be contained to the third bridge.

That's obscure, even for me.

Actually, I posted this as a bit of nostalgia. I went on the internet for the first time my freshman year of college. One of the very first places I visited was a newsgroup where the topic was ST vs. SW. Now those people were scary. Guys in there were calculating how many gigawatts of electricity would be needed to create a laser that could punch through a ship based on published specifications. Or arguing SW Turbolasers vs. ST Phasers. Or SW Hyperspace travel vs. ST Warp Drive.

And to let you know, a Star Destroyer has at least a dozen turbolasers down each side of the triangle and a bunch of tractor beams all over. Add on shields and a few wings of TIE fighters in it's hanger bay.

To give a sense of scale, the saucer section of the original Enterprise is the same size as the Millenium Falcon.

Edited By Arthur Dent on April 11 2002 at 10:22
Star Wars wins.... that's all that's all that needs to be said.
They both suck ass. Science Fiction is dumb
:fu: DEEK!
star wars is better, but would be perfect if they had spock
star wars
Quote:star wars is better, but would be perfect if they had spock

They had one... Lando was Black.

Glad you remeber that stupid piece of fiction, Dent. Now I seriously want to find it.
Quote:Glad you remeber that stupid piece of fiction, Dent. Now I seriously want to find it.
Actually, I'm still not sure what your talking about. :disappointed: I'm a failure as a nerd.:disappointed:

Here's a question for the Star Trek fans. With all their great technology and ability to pull off scientific and technical miracles, how come nobody thought to install a few surge protectors so the consoles wouldn't blow up every time they got shot at?
i read that too Keyser but didn't bother to post it. It's a fucking movie, if you can't walk into the theate and say "give me a ticket" it's not worth it. I mean sure I'll buy tickets early but I won't wait on lines for it.
star wars
Put a Jedi up against a few borg drones. That'd be interesting to watch.
star trek, as long as janeway ain't in charge, she'd get lost and miss the fucking fight
Captain Kirk Vs. Luke Skywalker - Skywalker wins cause you "never fuck with a jedi master"

Darth Vader kicks any Star Trek villians ass.

Phaser Vs. Lightsaber - not even a fuckin contest, lightsaber hands down.

Yoda is the man and he kicks any captains ass.

A wookie can kick any klingons ass.

Then again kirk wins hands down on the cool factor even beating out Harrison Ford.

But star wars is the hands down winner.

Episode 1 not included.
ewoks are the shit.
when in star trek did they make 2(3 counting the prototype) big moon sized things capable of destroying planets, a ship capable of making a star go nova, a fleet of ships who eat planets and spit out ships/droid troops, a giant ship with a huge lazer that can crack a planet's surface, and an species of alien that can use gravity generators to drop a moon on a planet?
star wars=more evil, only counting the superweapons.need i mention stealling life energy to power droids, or using magic to throw, choke, and shoot lightning at people
Don't forget how smooth a pimp Lando was.
lando was that black dude from the clerks cartoon also.[Image: LANDO1.jpg]
Pages: 1 2