CDIH

Full Version: Your Favorite Albums Of 2006
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Goatweed's slacking, so here's my list, post yours...

1. Ghostface Killah - Fishscale
2. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones
3. Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor
4. Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury
5. The Killers - Sam's Town
6. The Roots - Game Theory
7. Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings The Flood
8. Spank Rock - YoYoYoYoYo
9. TV On The Radio - Return To Cookie Mountain
10. Mickey Avalon - Mickey Avalon
slacking?
the only three albums I've heard this year are The Killers, The Strokes, and Jay Z.

I thought the Killers album was under rated. I liked it better than the first one.
Wolfmother - Wolfmother

Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere

TV On The Radio - Return To Cookie Mountain

Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards - Tom Waits

Love - The Beatles

The Outsider - DJ Shadow

The Roots - Game Theory

Beck - The Information

Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
Beck - The Information

Did you watch his SNL appearance? Clap Hands was an amazing display of artistic and musical talent. Loved the puppets.
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fbJWtKmu_88" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>
that was an amazing performance. Beck will always be one of my faves.

Wolfmother was far and away, my fave album this year. Though, honestly, i thought it was a pretty shitty year for music in general.
In no particular order:

The Walkmen - Pussycats
M Ward- Post-War
Flaming Lips - At War with the Mystic
Calexico -Garden Ruin
Tokyo Police Club - A Lesson in Crime
Tom Waits - Orphans
I like wolfmother, i saw them live three times this year, but I think i'm a little burned out on them. Had you asked me earlier in the year they may have cracked my top 10.

Tokyo Police Club was another good album.
Cannon Rock - Jerry C.
i rarely listen to anything new & rarely go for full albums, but the 3 albums i did get this year i liked a lot:

wolfmother
the killers
gnarles barkley

sam's town is great. i saw them at the theater at msg in october. it was a great show. that was definitely my favorite this year.
that album by kenna. really interesting stuff
drusilla Wrote:i rarely listen to anything new & rarely go for full albums, but the 3 albums i did get this year i liked a lot:

wolfmother
the killers
gnarles barkley

sam's town is great. i saw them at the theater at msg in october. it was a great show. that was definitely my favorite this year.

Is that why they aren't playing any shows in the US? They already had it? That sucks. I wanted to see them
yeah they did two shows at the end of october. real small venues. get on their my space or mailing list. they send out a lot of notices about stuff. it helps to get better tickets before the general sale starts. when i saw them at the theater, i was on the floor which is a really really small area in front of all the seats.
honey, you dont need to buy tickets to see a show at msg. just pm your ol' uncle arpi. i will take care of ya.
i hope you were talkin' to me & not galt. if you were talking to me definitely got cemented in my favorite people list
WHEEEEE!!!!
I will sign up for their mailing list. I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever (this is fun, ever is all on the same hand, can type it fast) ever ever ever ever ever ever ever sign up for myspace.
Dru, if you get good tix from Arpi, I'll let you take me, and then we can take pictures and post them and make him cry.
that wouldnt bother me at all. have fun!
Pages: 1 2