CDIH

Full Version: story for the night
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's 11PM, I'm at some bar with my brother, kind of bored, wanting to go home, since it's going to be a long weekend, he says no, let's go to the W hotel since we're right nearby, there may be some broads in town for new years (since we're right nearby)

He says he looks like Joe Everbody and whenever he's at Duane Reade or Best Buy strangers walk up to him and think he works there.

So we get a round of drinks and were move off to the side, and wouldn't you know, some dude walks up to him and asks him how to get a table at the restaurant. My brother listens to his question and says "i have no idea, I don't work here". Ha ha ha. They both laugh. What a wacky miscommunication.

He tells me "see, I told you, fhis happens all the time"

About 5 minutes later, another guy walks up and asks him how to get a bigger table than the one he has now. My brother listens to him a bit and can't contain his laughter and finally the guy askes "do you work here?" to which my brother answers "nope".

Ha ha, more wackiness. We realize that we are standing at the hostess table, and maybe that's why people were approaching us (even though we both had drinks)

We realize that, and I ask "so what's your bit when the next person comes up to you and asks for help? My suggested bit was to figure how long he could delay someone by saying "hold on" and then standing right in front of them and doing something else like checking his watch or tying his shoes or rearranging the cups. He said "no, you know what I'm gonna do...."

And right when he sez it, (yes, that was for you) this dude was standing there with his date and asked him "blah blah blah, how can I get a table" and my brother says "give me $20 and I'll get you a table". So the guy immediately gives him the money and my brother says "hold on" and just walks out the bar.

I had turned away so my laughter didn't ruin the joke, but was standing right there watching the whole thing and waiting for a bit.

Turns out the guy was on a first (or early staged) date based on what they were talking about. After about 3 minutes I heard him say "I think I may have given money to someone who doesn't work here" to his broad.

Then after another few minutes I turned and asked him if he worked there and how I could get a table. He said that he didn't work there, but that the person he just talked to walked off in "that" direction. But he qualiified it with "at least I think he works here" and then "It would be kind of funny if I gave some stranger money".

deducing that it was a first/early stage date I figured Id try and embarrass him. "wait you gave some stranger money? What made you think he's working here?"

"We'll, he was standing at the station."

"yeah, but so are you right now? You just got robbed; that's foolish. Don't you ask questions?"

"um, er"

"Wow Dude, he's gone. I can't believe you fell for that."

And then there was that awkward moment where he tried to not look like a douchebag in front of this girl, but I made quizzical eye contact with her. There's no way he's gettiing laid tonight.
Galt = ball buster
i don't go out anymore and even a story about going out annoys me
I wish I had read this tonight so I coulda gone to sleep with this story floating around in my head, I woulda had sweet dreams.