CDIH

Full Version: Super Size Me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I finally got around to watching Super Size Me, commence the smart ass comments about how theres this great movie Casablanca you just heard about. I rarely eat fast food, and I already was well aware of most of what they told you in the movie, but it is quite disturbing the extent of damage done over just one month to Spurlock's body. 30 pounds of sugar, a pound a day. 12 pounds of fat.

I'm surprised he didn't point out the fact that Ray Croc when he asked people what business he was in, he denied he was in the burger business but in the real estate business. He could care less what he's selling, its the lowest common denominator he's trying to attract so he can afford to eat up prime real estate in as many places he can. McDonald's is the second largest owner of real estate in the world surpassed only by the Vatican City. I suppose thats not really the point of the film, but its a pretty amazing sidenote.
If you liked this. you will LOVE this great movie Casablanca I just heard about.
well done
omg thats crazy, he should do a TV show like that!!
i knew this was a bad idea
Like that ever stopped you before!
its a gift and a curse
The episode where he sent the minute man to an illegal imigrants family's house for 30 days was pretty boss.

it was better than the movie because mcdonalds is a great american institution and illegals are totaly non-american.
yeah i watched the entire season, some of those episodes were as good if not better than super size me. i think the finale was the best one, where he spent a month in jail.
i know. i was honestly rooting for the druggie to get out and stay clean but to no avail. he ended up robbing someone and was sent back to jail.
Liberal !
oh oh, that was just harsh!!
snaps,

-being liberal is legislating the druggie/robbers release from jail and keeping him out no matter what he does.

-hoping he changes his ways and contributes positivley to society is passionate conservativism.

please go back to fellating a cheese steak sandwich.
is being a conservative also automatically making "druggie" and "robber" synonymous?

anyone is jail for using, growing, or distributing drugs should be immediately released. No one should be arrested for that again.

If you committ(ed) an actual crime in order to pay for drugs or because you are on drugs, you should continue to be arrested/jailed like those who rob, kill, assult without using drugs.
do you mean weed or any and all drugs?
absolutely weed, shrooms. That's the easy part.

But if you are in favor of legalizing them, why only them? Because they aren't addictive and they cause pacifism? Well then you need to ban booze and tobacco.

Why ban coke or heroin? Because they are destructive and heavily addictive? Which then causes crimes for people trying to pay for their habit? Well, if they were legalized, the drugs would be safer so people wouldn't die as much. They would be cheaper so people may not have to commit crimes to pay for a fix. And most importantly, you can centralize drug treatment with where they are buying the drugs.

If you want to shoot heroin and take horse tranquilizers, who am I to say you can't? ditto prostitution or suicide. If you commit any crimes against innocent people because of your usage, then you go to jail.

But crimes against yourself and your body are not crimes.
Galt Wrote:is being a conservative also automatically making "druggie" and "robber" synonymous?

anyone is jail for using, growing, or distributing drugs should be immediately released. No one should be arrested for that again.

If you committ(ed) an actual crime in order to pay for drugs or because you are on drugs, you should continue to be arrested/jailed like those who rob, kill, assult without using drugs.
i said that in context to an actual episode of '30 days' in which a drug addict was in jail, was released and was returned to jail for theft. that's why the two were joined in my response.
I'm a proud liberal and Philly cheesesteak eater
americans are a notoriously indulgent culture. we have more fat fucks in america than any country in the world.

while i agree with most of what galt said about legalizing drugs, i think americans are way too irresponsible compared to other countries that have done the same and lowered crime rates, to be trusted.
It's people like you that add to the anti-American trend that's so popular in the world right now.
Pages: 1 2