CDIH

Full Version: Keith Richards Snorts His Dad?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/04/richards.dad.ap/index.html">http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Music/0 ... index.html</a><!-- m -->

LONDON, England (AP) -- Keith Richards has acknowledged consuming a raft of illegal substances in his time, but this may top them all -- assuming it's not a joke.

In comments published Tuesday, the 63-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist said he had snorted his father's ashes mixed with cocaine.

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.

"He was cremated, and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared," he said. "... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002, at 84.

Richards' manager has told MTV the story about the guitarist snorting his father's ashes is not true, and was said as a joke.

Richards, one of rock's legendary wild men, told NME that his survival was the result of luck, and advised young musicians against trying to emulate him.

"I did it because that was the way I did it. Now people think it's a way of life," he was quoted as saying.

"I've no pretensions about immortality," he added. "I'm the same as everyone ... just kind of lucky.

"I was No. 1 on the 'who's likely to die' list for 10 years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell off the list," Richards said.

NME is part of Time Warner, as is CNN.
thank you, teen week.
Gooch is a rube.
i read the news. let me cut and paste the news so that others can see that i read the news. no one else reads the news so i have to post the news for them to see.
Keith Richard does drugs? who knew??
see? gooch did the right thing!
didn't know it was front page news at the time. when i read it that morning, seemed like a side tidbit. then i saw it on the front of the Daily News. So it goes.
maybe the paper took its cue from you. you are bigger than drudge.
could be..i definitely have about 200lbs on him
I thought you were looking svelte, what happened?
well i figured Drudge to be about 75 lbs b/c of the AIDS.
I had no idea!

godspeed, Drudge...