CDIH

Full Version: The Departed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's probably a thread on this already if not there should be, and either way I can't use that search thing to save my life. Anyway, this is far from a muppet newsflash for most I bet but I, having just recently had the chance to watch it (and have been watching it over and over ever since), think it's just fucking unreal and brilliant. Again no surprises, nothing too supernatural going on (<<<I stole that line from there!)

What I would like to express concerning this great great movie is the new found respect I have for two people who I first considered hard cock sucking faggots: Leonardo and Marky Mark. Leo's preformance speaks for itself. However the bigger surprise has got to be Wahlburg - the previous sentence marks the last time I try to dog him by refering him with the cheesy MM moniker. His character and performace was mind-blowing and smacked of Nick Nolte in 48hrs - which had some of the most VICIOUS tongue lashings in any movie ever. Other then these two FINE ACTORS, there are so many intangibles, to rattle off a few: French (badass), the whole throw Martin-Sheen-off-the-roof scene (WHERE'S YOUR FOOKIN BOY!?!), not to mention that guy what's his name, oh yeah, JACK NICOHLSON (Get in the Cahh!) and so on.
agreed, I really despised Leo for the longest time and felt he was completely miscast in gangs of ny, along with cameron diaz. Gangs of NY had all the makings of a classic mainly on the back of Daniel Day Lewis in what was undoubtably one of the greatest pieces of acting in film history but it falters cause of miscasting. Leo completely won me over with this film, as well as Aviator and blood diamond. I've always been a Mark Wahlberg fan though, ever since Basketball Diaries (also with leo).
I forgot about Basketball Diaries, he was great in that I guess. Also put another notch on Matt Damon's belt, an evil, slick takin, impotent motherfucker.....painfully familiar.
I thought the Departed was kind of overrated (the last scene with the rat walking across the railing was high-school art class level cheesy).

Leo was real good, though much better in Blood Diamond. Marky Mark's character was way too over the top. The horribleness of his "authentic" Boston accent was only surpassed by his overacting in the first scene with Leo and Martin Sheen.

The whole girlfriend love story triangle was forced too. Why does every moving have to have a love interest?
I have a question. How fucked up are you?

But in all seriousness, it's fair commentary. Some elements, over the top but cool nonetheless especially Wahlburg, I think. I loved the accents. The love triangle, not so much - boring especially during the pillow-talk and boom-boom, so I turn my attentions elsewhere during these pahhtts. But the triangle set up some quality moments, maybe worth the douche chills now and again. Any way, you're from Boston (or somewhere in Mass), right? You really talk like a fucko like that?
I just watched it last night and I thought it was great up until the end. I don't know why but the end just seemed way to crazy. Three dead cops and noone seemed to question why they were there? MM Killing Leo at his place was a stretch too, but I saw it coming.

Great movie but not AMAZING as was being said by everyone when it came out. And as Galt said, that rat on the railing closing scene annoyed the hell out of me.
Goatweed Wrote:I just watched it last night and I thought it was great up until the end. I don't know why but the end just seemed way to crazy. Three dead cops and noone seemed to question why they were there? MM Killing Leo at his place was a stretch too, but I saw it coming.

Great movie but not AMAZING as was being said by everyone when it came out. And as Galt said, that rat on the railing closing scene annoyed the hell out of me.

In today's modern neoliberal marketplace one needs to placate a large cross-section of the broadest consumer-related demographic units possible, including morons, in order to maximize profit, kill brown people's babies, and blame it on the crazies.

Ok, that sucked I know it but I just loved the pillow case wrapped reebox. I swear one day I'm comin home and there's gonzostyle and i look down at his feet, ET on his right and Star Wars characters on his left. The only real loss would have been the loss of the respective pillow cases from the set, of course. But I agree that if you take just one from each, people might think the sets stand complete as is and.......ok....*french donuts hit the floor.
I hope those donuts didn't go to waste.
Goat knows I always bring doughnuts, a dozen fucko!
I was in there buyin' a Lotto ticket the other day & I thought of you <3
OH THE'LL BE A HOT TIME IN THE OLE TOWN TONIGHT! - I just love Jack. I haven't seen Batman in a long time and forgot what genius he was in it