CDIH

Full Version: The Last Starfighter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Because of my work schedule and whatnot I was up this morning at 8am on my day off and The Last Starfighter was on. So of course, for nostalgia's sake I watched it. I felt a little giddy cause I remember LOVING this movie when I was 8. But now seeing it again, now that Im an old fucko, I was let down. After the whole DeathBlossom Kodan Armada Commandship thing, I was all "Thats it ??" That was the big problem of the galaxy ??

I dunno.
Never seen it TLS but I have the same disappointed nostalgia thing when it comes to the movie Time Bandits - about the little midgets and the little kid. I would have sworn up and down that movie ruled when I first saw it when I was 8-9 y/o.

I still watch it though everytime I see it's playing on whatever channel. Regardless, it is probably one of the most boring movies ever.
I still like that movie, although I do agree with you on being somewhat of a letdown now that you watch it with aged eyes.

It still makes me sad when Fidget gets squashed by the pillar.
The Outsiders is like that for me. It was like The Godfather when I was 10 years old. I watched it again and couldn't stop laughing through the whole thing. It's really bad.

Red Dawn, however, gets better with age.
Quote:Red Dawn, however, gets better with age.

Love that movie, Swatze's only good one I think. Beware the Cuban Military Strong Arm of the Evil Soviet Empire.

But speaking of Cubans, I think the funniest line in any movie concerning Cubans (ie other than "FLY PELICANS!" of course) is when Demi Moore was asked why she "likes them so much" - referring to the Guantanamo soldiers on trial in A Few Goood men.

She said this ridiculous thing:

"Because they sit on a wall and they say Nothing's going to hurt you tonight, not when I'm on the watch."

Well, I dunno about anybody else but I personally think Cubans are probably the most frightening & dangerous people on the planet. If we don't do something quickly, they will get us all.
You must have never seen the screen gem that is known as Road House DIG.

It keeps getting funnier everytime I see it.
Enemy Mine>TLS