CDIH

Full Version: Skate and surf
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whos going and what bands are you going to see?

im going for

-alkaline trio
-from autumn to ashes
-poison the well..

peace.
i'm going. thursday and finch better rock like i'm told they do or its going to suck.
Maybe you should check them out niggs.
okay there dawg. maybe i'll get some of their shiznat on the d/l from audio-g.
quiet riot is playing
I'm goin Saturday to see Thursday and Finch. But Dashboard, Catch 22, and Bigwig should be good too from what I've listened. I think Quiet Riot is playing Friday.
im going saturday. finch and thursday will definitely rock. dashboard is great too. yes sleeper, i said dashboard is great.
ok, skate and surf was great. finch was awesome live, thursday rocked as always, and i thought bigwig was great also. midtown was alright, dashboard started to bore me by the end of his set, and i left half way through the getup kids because i thought i was gonna fall asleep. i watched those horrible, horrible skaters for 2 hours to get my spot front and center at the barrier. it was worth it, i got out of my spot after dashboard and sat in the bleacher seats for getup kids.(i was literally falling asleep). im going to pick up the pics i took before i go to work. they are mainly all of thursday because i was afraid to take it out during finch for fear of smashing. i also took a pic of the HOT girl standing on the side of the stage during the kickovers.
How did poison the well sound? I havent seen them live yet, but their shit Is awesome.
they play today. sunday(today) is the day for all of the hardcore bands. From Autumn to Ashes was orginally supposed to play sat. but they were switched to sunday. (:angrySmile
yea so i gave finch a chance and i didn't like it so i walked on the beach. we then came back and watched the whole thursday set and i didn't like them. then for catch 22 we got close and it was cool. we then left and didn't watch midtown. we came back and got seats for dashboard and was bored as hell. then stayed in the seats for get up kids cause my gf wanted to. they were okay.

i just have one question. whats that gay ass stuff kids do in the pit now where they throw there arms and legs around? call me old fashioned, but what the hell happened to just jumping around and pushing each other. whats this standing in the middle of a circle and pretending your the lead singer crap? so gay.
They cried, they laughed -- It was a full range of EMOtions...
I'm with Hybrid, Finch and Thursday were amazing, Bigwig rocked too, and Catch 22 was pretty cool. The band before Finch, the Kickovers, was downright awful. They should've put FATA in that slot, instead of some band that wears fucking dresses. Midtown was kinda lame, and I was completely exhausted by the time Dashboard came on and I found them boring. I left before Get up kids to catch the train, didn't seem like I missed anything, but overall the day ruled.
Quote:...the Kickovers, was downright awful. They should've put FATA in that slot, instead of some band that wears fucking dresses.

I didn't know Magus had a Goth band called "The Kickovers."<font color=white>

Edited By SLASH on April 21 2002 at 5:37
Quote:yea so i gave finch a chance and i didn't like it so i walked on the beach. we then came back and watched the whole thursday set and i didn't like them. then for catch 22 we got close and it was cool. we then left and didn't watch midtown. we came back and got seats for dashboard and was bored as hell. then stayed in the seats for get up kids cause my gf wanted to. they were okay.
you have lost any respect i once had for you. you dont like finch and thursday, yet you like catch 22 and the get up kids? THE FUCKING GET UP KIDS? you should have tied weights to your ankles and jumped in on your walk on the beach.
Quote:you have lost any respect i once had for you. you dont like finch and thursday, yet you like catch 22 and the get up kids? THE FUCKING GET UP KIDS? you should have tied weights to your ankles and jumped in on your walk on the beach.
Normally I would say to each his own, but yea, that's fucking lame.
i'm not running out saying the get up kids are great. they were blah. maybe it was cause i was sitting down they seemed better then finch and thursday. none of the bands really blew me away.
how you can sit down at a concert baffles me.
i was there saturday and sunday - god it was a great weekend

Saturday thoughts:
Finch blew me away - they fucking ruled my favorite band of the day
Thursday fucking rocked - lived up to the hype i got from sleeper and hybrid
Dashboard was great as always, EMO STAGE DIVING RULES!
Catch 22 Rocked
Midtown was great, good shit
Get Up Kids - meh

Sunday thoughts:
BOUNCING MOTHERFUCKING SOULS! best live band of the weekend
Alkaline trio was fuckin cool
FATA Rocked
LORDS OF SEMEN! \ m / (it was midtown as an 80's cliche joke band, fuckin funny they came out to sweet child o' mine)
Element 101 (was outside) was great, cool punk band
Face to Face and Descendents were cool

Overall an awesome fucking weekend, makes me want to see a lot of the bands again.
Quote:LORDS OF SEMEN! \ m / (it was midtown as an 80's cliche joke band, fuckin funny they came out to sweet child o' mine)
so thats who they were. their logo is cool
Pages: 1 2