CDIH

Full Version: Sum 41
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I like Sum 41, their music was pretty good until they got national exposuire. But I just saw the video they did for the new song off the Spiderman album. I closed my eyes and coulda sworn I was listening to The Beastie Boys. I love The Beasties don't get me wrong but influence is one thing but they sound exactly like Beastie, it's getting a tad annoying. Is anyone else hearing it in their music?
Why can't you just enjoy the music, without analyzing it? Sometimes, I think you may not see the forest, through all of the trees...
They do alot of stuff like other people...
damn...I don't think anybody plays the 80's metal shit like these kids...
Moron and I went to see them...(he won tix)...
The kids kicked ass...
Or maybe it was the 1000 15 year old girls running around in plaid skirts and knee socks...
I never felt more like a dirty old man than that night...Confusedcare:
Quote:Why can't you just enjoy the music, without analyzing it? Sometimes, I think you may not see the forest, through all of the trees...

Why can't you heed your own advice? It's my opinion and I am trying to discuss it with people. It's the way I feel and I wanted to know if anyone feels the same way. I am not over analyzing it cause you don't have to decipher it, you can blatently hear that it sounds like the beastie boys. Or is only your opinion valid everywhere? Why don't you try not to overanalyze every post?
I was only saying that maybe you pre-judged the music because you thought it sounded like the beastie boys. My intention was not to pass judgement.
This sexual tension is killing me, just tug my cock and I'll tickle your ball sack.

I am not pre-judging them at all. I like them a lot as a band and thought their shit rocked. I loved Limp Bizkit as well with their 1st two albums but lately they have been shit. I was just saying that lately Sum 41 has just been sounding a bit different and I am not saying that is bad. But just that they sound like they are taking an edge to more rap then rock. They still rock on their instruments but their lyrics are very rappish.
The way they go line for line and the old school "had an abortion...bortion. bortion...borton" repeat the last word of a line, there are all sorts of subtle little nuances that they borrow from the beasties that make them sound so much alike. its not just the rap/rock fusion. When they do their rock, they are much more poppy than the beasties ever were, the beasties have a much more punk sound while sum has more of a blink 182 feel.
I rememember seeing them at Warped Tour live and they sucked ass. They try to be like other bands way too much.
That song by Quarashi sounds exactly like the Beastie Boys.
bah fuck em..
Half hour of power was a great fucking album. since then they have sucked.