CDIH

Full Version: Favorite movie: no one else has seen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there any movies that you really like,
But weren't major releases, and no one knows the film?

I was just thinking of "Harry and Walter go to New York", with Michael Caine, James Caan, and Elliot Gould.

Love the film, but not many people have seen it.
garbage pail kids the movie! it's fucking hysterical and impossible to find.
I am not sure if these count:

Romeo's Bleeding: it stars Gary Oleman, Oldman (sp?)....whatever his name is.... It's a story about a cop gone bad.

Smoke Signals: If you have a Native American heritage this movie is a must-see......it's a little gem.
Whatever - I don't know anyone besides my ex that saw it, and the only reason he did was because I dragged his sorry ass.
Romeo Is Bleeding is a fuckin awesome movie, one of Oldmans best.

I was watching this film last week for like the 10th time. It's called "Hit The Dutchman". One of those low budget type movies about Dutch Schultz the gangster. It's not the most factual movie but I enjoyed it more than Billy Bathgate, which Dustin Hoffman did a terrible job in portraying schultz. But best Dutch Schultz performance goes to Tim Roth in Hoodlums. I dunno too many people who seen "Hit The Dutchman" but for some reason I just really like the film.
Quote:Whatever - I don't know anyone besides my ex that saw it, and the only reason he did was because I dragged his sorry ass.

I saw that with the cast and crew at the advanced screening or whatever it was called. I liked when she puked on the guys nutsack when she was about to go down on him when they went to NYC.

I bought the VHS for 4$, in mint condition, last year at a video store that was going out of buisness.
I have an extra copy of "Ken's Sister Does the Homeless" been through a hazmat test and everything and the tape checks out okey-dokey :thumbs-up:
King of Hearts. Great movie. Takes place in a nuthouse during WWII.
I don't know too many people who have seen "Cube". Really twisted film.

Heard their working on a sequel called"Cube 2: Hypercube". Supposedly they're going to use CGI to create a 4 Dimensional Cube. I'd be really interested to see how they represent something that only a few people in the world really understand.
Quote:Romeo Is Bleeding
great movie. lena olin is so evil

Quote:King of Hearts
my favorite alan bates film

mine would be the list of adrian messenger.

it is a whodunnit with kirk douglas and george c. scott. george interviews all of these strange people during the course of his investigation. at the end of the film you find out all of those people were famous actors under latex makeup. tony curtis, frank sinatra, burt lancaster, etc. it is great!
King of Hearts is a great flick,
saw that on cable a good 20 years ago.
"The Party" starring Peter Sellers......virtually impossible to find anymore. It took me about 6 months to track it down for my dad for his birthday.....and it's classic Sellers. Very funny stuff.
Bandits...Not the one with Bruce Willis. This is a german film about 4 women who break out of prison and start a rock band while they are on the run from the police. Very good movie with a good soundtrack as well. And the ending is very, "butch cassiday and the sundance kid"-like.
Well for k1dafrika's sake I will try not to post any films from the 20's-60's and try to stay within the realm of the last 30 years or so, lol.

I always loved the old detective stories like Dashil Hammet and Raymond Chandler books. There's two movies I loved that are in the veil of the old style detctive books and films.

The Late Show It'sa movie from the 70's with Art Carney, he plays an aged detective in the film and I have yet to meet anyone who has seen it but the movie is awesome, I could watch it a hundred times and not get bored. I highly recomend it if you like movies like The Big Sleep or Maltese Falcon.

Mona Lisa With Bob Hoskins, I always loved bob hoskins in his pre' Roger Rabbit movies, this is one of his best films, trully a classic from the 80's.

One more is a Denzel Washington film I dunno if a lot of people saw but it's set in the 30's as well and is a very good detective film called 'Devil In A Blue Dress', really great fuckin film but more recent.