CDIH

Full Version: Anyone else work downtown nyc?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went to the doctor yesterday for a check up and mentioned to him that my asthma has been much worse than usual. He did a breathing check which checks lung capacity, and mine has diminished severley since I was there last year. I'm somewhat worried it may be due to the air quality downtown especially right after 9/11, has anyone experienced any health related problems?
Maybe you've just been smoking too much

pole
I'd be more worried about air conditions in general, not just in lower manhattan. My mother worked downtown pre-9/11 and her asthma is really acting up now. Don't know if it's a coincidence, or just the air quality in general. But, I can tell you that my allergies are starting earlier than ever before and the pollen counts are supposed to be higher than usual.
AHA!!!!

I fucking knew it!

PollyannaFlower46=Dana Dillon!!!
Polly has to watch her bitchy sister's cancerous ovaries.
DAnked....I laff out loud every time I see your sig pic. Wavy Gravy kicks butt!
And helps sick stoners too!
He loves skwerls. {Smile}
No, if I were DanaDillon, I would've gotten hit with a flying piece of debris.
not to be serious and get back on topic or anything, but, i've been down town a couple of times since september and yeah, the air is a little thick and hard to breathe, not to mention, a mild winter usually results in a high allergen summer.

incidentally, at the time i was working in a high dog population and their owners all mentioned that they'd reacted to it, and they're sensitive to the air, don't trust them when the air is fine, they have to say that.
Quote:. He did a breathing check which checks lung capacity, and mine has diminished severley since I was there last year.

Most women hate swallowing.....you love it so much you snort it. I guess you will just have to pay the price. :confused:
I work in midtown and there hasn't been any noticable changes up here. Occasionally we'd get the smell of death up this way....but that has subsided as the site has been cleaned up.