CDIH

Full Version: Wwf news & notes - Hogan, ddp, injures, ppv's, etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- The rumor circulating today is that Hulk Hogan used his power in the WWF to get Big Show a spot in the nWo. Before Hogan made his return to the WWF in February, many felt that Big Show was an "afterthought" due to the fact that the company gave him a big contract, and Big Show was never really serious about getting into shape and working hard. As soon as Hogan returned, Big Show started hanging out with him backstage, since they were friends in WCW. Now that Hogan is back "in power," many feel that is the reason Big Show got a spot in the nWo. [Source: 1Wrestling.com]

- DDP missed last night's Smackdown House Show in Valparaiso, IN due to his back injury. He has been taken off the road due to the injury, which Jim Ross described as "career threatening" in last week's Ross Report. [Source: 1Wrestling.com]

- There are rumors that the Judgment Day main event will be a four way match that will feature Hulk Hogan defending against Undertaker, Triple H and Chris Jericho.

- Sean Stasiak and Curt Hennig could form the "Perfect Tag Team" over the upcoming weeks of WWF TV.

- Shane Douglas stated in a recent interview that the WWF may utilize "The Franchise" gimmick.

- It's likely that The Rock will be confronted with a decision regarding the direction of his career, shortly. With the remarkable acclaim he has received from recent movie performances, Dwayne Johnson (a.k.a. The Rock) has reportedly been offered further movie roles. As has been well documented recently, The Rock received approximately $5.5 million for his lead role in 'The Scorpion King' movie. With such financial incentives, The Rock may either revert to the movie industry altogether, or work on a more temporary basis with the WWF.
I just read somewhere (no plugs from me) that the rock was offered $10MIL to do his next movie, which will start shooting around July or August...which means he will be around for 8 weeks, then go bye-bye until shooting ends on it. oh well, no more rocky...

and big show was nwo in wcw, so he fits the team well, which is why i think he was added to the group, plus they needed a "big man" while nash was on the shelf
In a Rolling Stone interview, The Roc said his role in wrestling would become more limited as his movie career picks up :bouncer: :bouncer: He sure is a better actor than a wrestler, so I hope it works out for him!
(he also said in the interview that he refuses to take any moves where his legs go above his head! pffft!!!! what kinda wrestler is that?)
spit, when was he ever able to make his legs go above his head? he can't dropkick, so what else is there? is he not going to allow storm to put him in teh canadian crab? tool!!!