CDIH

Full Version: Why is internet explorer faster - Just the facts please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not looking for opinion here. Just cold hard facts. State programatic, under the hood reasons why Internet Explorer serves up webpages faster than Netscape.
Because Bill Gates is a God
It all stems from the incorporation of flux capacitor technology.

Microsoft has it.

Netscape does not.
Let me restate myself. Please fuck around and make humorous comments about why IE is faster than Netscape.

(who am i kidding, reverse psychology never works here)
one of the primary reasons is the paging caching process that MS IE has versus Netscape. More information is stored. What IE does is hold "hidden cache" files that aren't erased when you clear them. if you want to see them, use Windows Explorer to cascade down your "Temporary Internet Files" folder. You won't see the folders in the listing on the right, but you will see them cascade down in a list.

Personally, my conspiracy theory is that MS is using the hidden files to collect information about surfing habits. Ever see the Microsoft Download page pop up for no reason and then go away?
thanks Grumpy, thats a good start.
Bah Opera is the fastest anyway.
facts please
I heard this rumor and I never got conformation but, there used to be code in the Widows OS's that said, "IF NETSCAPE WAIT 30 SECONDS." I think Grump is right though.
It's because of the page rendering techniques they use within the software.
I have a demo of a game that refused to work because "no pentium processor detected". That was when I had a K6-II. I don't discount the conspiracy theories. Don't remember the name of the game since I never played it.
my roadrunner refused to load their program on my laptop because it couldn't detect an ethernet card but that's probably completely unrelated, i just felt like saying something here...