CDIH

Full Version: Friends?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I tend to find people fascinating, yet unbearable. I really have a hard time relating to most people on a social level. Am I smarter than they? No, stupider? No, I am just different. It takes a lot for me to become friends with someone, let alone trust them enough to get close to them, or let them get close to me. I really don’t have any major shit in my childhood that would cause me to feel this way, in fact just the opposite. My family always had friends around, and my parents are very close with most of their friends. So where did it come from them? Have people in general changed? Maybe, and maybe that’s why I’m more protective of myself, and don’t fully let people inside. That doesn’t mean that I hold back, because I certainly don’t, but I just don’t let them get as close as I should. Don’t misunderstand, I love meeting new people, I thrive on it. I just don’t let them get close.

I’ve met some people on here now, who know me better than some close friends I’ve had for years. I think that there’s one or two of you that I just “click” with perfectly, and a bunch more that I can completely co-exist with without want to kill them. Why is that? Why here? Why now? I don’t think I’ve opened up more since being on the board, in fact, if anything, I’ve put up my defenses even more against people online. I think that I’m the type of person that you really have to get to know before you can understand me, or like me. I have a sense of humor that MOST people don’t get. My mind goes in directions that even MORE people don’t understand. But with time, many people turn around toward me. I make horrible first impressions. Maybe I’m too much? I guess people don’t really like people who speak their mind on a first meeting with someone, but I can’t help it. I just speak. I’m me.

What in the hell did I just ramble on about here? Well, I want to know, do you guys have a lot of friends? Are you a loner? Do you prefer to keep one or two people that you talk to? I know we have some real loners on here. Why? Why do you prefer to be alone? To sit home and watch movies instead of go out? What about the people that go out every night to be with friends. Why do you do that?

I've just been thinking alot about this lately, because I see myself drifting away from some of the friends that I've had for years. Do we really need other people to be around? Or do you maybe think we could survive all alone.
that post was longer than my interest in reading it.
[Image: Cliffs%20Notes%20Book.jpg]
::hands soupboy $3.49 to buy the cliffnotes::

thanks keyser....I'll be needing that.
I don't care. I wanted to speak, so I did. Don't read it if you don't like. No skin off my back.
I skimmed so I got the jist of it all....

Friends are the family you choose.

I have you guys, my "work friends" (just because I live so far from everyone) and some really, really close friends that comprise my family...not too many, and people are starting to go their separate ways now, doing their own thing who I try to keep in touch with but I'm not good at distance stuff. But the 4 people that I consider family would have my back no matter what happens EVER.

Edited By Spitfire on April 26 2002 at 1:15
i dont have a lot of friends nor have i ever
but the close ones i do have are great

i call the people i talk to on the board regularly friends, but i guess theyre more like aquaintances (sp) only few board people i can say i truly love like a friend
Actually I was just fucking with you Maynard. Buck up ole chum.

I have been lucky enough to have held onto alot of the friends I had back when I was growing up. I have a group of friends I have known for over 15 years. I understand what people mean when they say people change and you grow and somehow don't even know who they are anymore but somehow we have been able to stay close after all this time. I like spending time alone just as much as hanging with a group of friends, depends on my mood and my energy level that particular night. More often than not I prefer to be around people and like to socialize. I have people I socialize with at work but we don't hang out outside of work. Most of the people I work with are older than I am, I kind of wish I worked somewhere with more people my age, it would make work alot more interesting.
Quote:I think that there’s one or two of you that I just “click” with perfectly,
i hope you dont think i am one of them, cause i hate your fucking guts
I think that part of the problem of me not having "old" friends is because I move so much when I was young. That kind of made it hard to keep any friends for a long time. But I guess I've lived in this area now since Jr. High. I just never really clicked with any group in HS. I just kind of bounced between them all, and never really got close to many people because of that. None of the people there really had much to offer me. So I did my own thing. After HS, most of my closer friends went to colleges far away, so I was starting over again. But I had a group of friends that I became really tight with in the NYC club scene, but that too faded with drugs, and deaths, and just the general changing of that scene in the mid 90's. But there's still some of those people that if I saw them now, we'd pick up right where we left off. Thats how my friendships go. We may not talk for years, but when we do again, it's right back to where we were.
Quote:Most of the people I work with are older than I am, I kind of wish I worked somewhere with more people my age, it would make work alot more interesting.
Actually, I would love that. Most of my closer friends right now are all older than me. I mean, around 10 years older.
What would happen if Maynard died? How would people react? How long before anyone realized he was gone?
I've been going through similar stuff the last 4 years. I had a group of solid friends, about 10 of us. 4 of my buds are married, 2 are in relationships heading towards marriage, I'm single as are 2 others, and one guy is just fucking crazy. Anyway I basically only see two of my buds on a regular basis. So I had to make new friends. Though I'm not a very socialable person I think I'm very likeable for my easy going attitude. Atleast it seems that way. I've made good friends at my Knights of Columbus, made many friends through softball and work, and my ass is usually in a bar so I made friends there too. I still consider these guys my best friends, though we rarely see each other. It's just that everyone life goes in different directions. You got to make the best of your direction. .......or it could just be the weed.:fuggin:

Edited By DGW on April 26 2002 at 1:27
Quote:I think that I’m the type of person that you really have to get to know before you can understand me, or like me. I have a sense of humor that MOST people don’t get. My mind goes in directions that even MORE people don’t understand.

Kid Afrika is going to sue you.
Quote:or it could just be the weed. :fuggin:
Why, do I smell? You'd tell me if I did right?
Quote:Kid Afrika is going to sue you.
you beat me to that line by about 10 seconds you prick!!!
yeah as for making new friends im pretty bad at it since im very shy and i dont trust people right away
sometimes id rather be alone, but i hate it
It's high, and I don't think it's playable.
Hey White! Yah want a canoli?
I personally get tired of people rather quickly. I can't stand have the same people around me all the fuckin time, it makes me uncomfortable. I like having friends at a distance. It's odd, most people clamour for some sort of acceptence while I recieve acceptence and I don't feel all that comfortable with it. Thats why I love the internet. If I don't want to be around some people, I just turn the fuckin computer off and I am on my merry way. Like I said, odd, I don't really want to be alone but I need the option to be left alone at the drop of a dime.
Pages: 1 2 3 4