CDIH

Full Version: Simpsons: what to do with it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another Link

You know it's bad when Groening Himself wants it to end.
I actually commented on this topic and the EXACT SAME ARTICLE in the other Simpsons thread and I picked cancel it while it sucks because it does. A couple of chuckles or a good episode once in awhile does not mean the show is good anymore! Groening's right, it's hard to come up with ideas, and I don't blame him or the writers- they're exhausted and they unfortunately have to keep churning out these substandard episodes just to please FOX. I still consider Simpsons best show of all time but it's more than time for the show to just bow out.

And I also agree with him that Futrama was unfairly bitch slapped by FOX as it was a great show that still had life in it.
Let's look at the FOX Logic, shall we?<ul>
<li>The Tick - Cancelled
<li>The Critic - Cancelled
<li>Family guy - Cancelled
<li>Futurama - Cancelled
<li>Simpsons - Drained of all it's life, shat upon it's corpse
<li>Family Guy - Cancelled (again?!?)

and finally...

<li>MadTV - Still running new episodes, Despite the fact that it SUCKS BIG FAT MALLARD COCK</ul>
There is something vey wrong with FOX executives.
I'd like to see a big Simpson's movie, like the way South Park hit the big screen. They've got enough talent and jokes left that if they just focused on one story they'd be able to deliver something really good.

Quote:There is something vey wrong with FOX executives.
Is FOX Rupert Murdoch's tax write-off?

Edited By Arthur Dent on May 01 2002 at 10:34
I'm not excited but I'd definitely give a possible Big Screen Simpsons a shot. Give it about 2-3 years after its series finale. Let the show end, now, quickly. Give the writers time to rejuvinate themselves, possibly re-invent the characters and then don't force a good story until 30 minutes, which IS a big problem I have to admit, take a good story and make it as long as you need.

And here's a philosophy of mine- if you have to pitch your news as the 'exciting fun-loving' news- YOU'RE NOT A REAL STATION! Don't makes the news and its reporters Super Rock Hard Action Team Mother Fuckers! I want news when I wake up, I don't want to see the black haired guy and the sandy haired guy who looks sort of like he wants to pass for Ted Koppel but not really goofing around when they're reporting on MASSACRES IN THE MIDDLE EAST!!
Put The Simpsons on HBO and give them the freedom they never had on network television. Think of the possibilities. I'm sure they could tackle subjects they never could before opening up all sorts of new plotlines and give the writers renewed interest.
make them grow up finally. atleast they could get some new material.
Just fucking cancel it already. It has lost everything.

Making them grow up would just be stupid and contrived as well.