CDIH

Full Version: Favorite song - .... outside your musical genre
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We all have a type of music we like and there are reason we like it. For example, I like hard rock and metal. The most important thing to me is lyrics, but I also like the sound of a nice distorted guitar.

So, let's look at all the songs I like, and let's remove all of the Rock songs, all of the songs that I like because of lyrics, and all of the songs that have a nice sounding guitar and my post becomes this.....

My favorite song outside of my normal taste is "One Step Beyond" by Madness. I normally hate Ska (I don't smoke pot so reggae has nil appeal) and lyrics are really important to me, but this damn song with it's lead sax is my favorite "black sheep" song.
i don't understand the question
I was just trying to get my name to be the displayed in every thread of "The Shit" and I had to come up with a Noise Pollution one.

There is a type of music you listen to. What is your favorite song outside of that type of music?
well, i normally listen to rock and such, so i guess my favorite song outside of that genre would be the new eminem song. i just think it's funny as hell, and sounds cool.

Edited By HyBriD on May 09 2002 at 11:10
um......I listen to all types of music, but I guess I listen to rock the most...outside of rock my favorite:

bluegrass song is "Man of Constant Sorrow" and just about everything by Allison Krauss and Union Station

country song is "Family Tradition," Hank Williams

blues song is "The Thrill is Gone," BB King

jazz song is Ella Fitzgerald's "Someone to Watch Over Me" and Billie Holiday's "Summertime" version

rap song is "Murder Was the Case"

r&b (?) Arrested Development - Tennessee
My favorite music is classic rock, rock & roll and maybe even folk rock......so, I would have to say that my favorite songs outside of those genres are:

Walela - (that means hummingbird in Cherokee)Native American Music - a toss up between "Cherokee Morning Song" and "The Whippoorwill" sung in the Cherokee language.

Loreena McKennitt - (Celtic Folk.....maybe even New Age-ish (they use alot of her music in movies like The Lord of The Rings...stuff like that) - It's hard to pin-point one song of hers because I like alot of her stuff alot.

UB40 - (Raggae...maybe even pop raggae) - "Red, Red Wine" amongst other songs by them.
I could probably list quite a few...
But...
The one song that's far from my misical taste, and I enjoy, is...

Paula Cole: Feelin' Love, That song makes me hard.
well i listen to i guess rock/alternative rock the most...so outside of that i guess it is Moby - Go
Quote:Paula Cole: Feelin' Love, That song makes me hard.

amazing song.....mmmm how perfect does that fit in city of angels mmmm meg in a bath tub :loveya:
oh, that's the song? Mmmm....City of Angels is the best :fucking: soundtrack...
I don't have a specific genre of music I listen to. I like just about anything and everything. Lately though, I've been listening to a bit more country/bluegrass. A lot of Johnny Cash lately, and I bought this bluegrass version of "The Wall" a few weeks back by Luther Wright & The Wrongs. Good stuff! :thumbs-up:
My favorite music is classic rock, rock & roll and maybe even folk rock......so, I would have to say that my favorite song outside of the genres is:
country-johnny cash/ ring of fire
Quote:UB40 - (Raggae...maybe even pop raggae) - "Red, Red Wine"
great luna, you just gave me an excuse to open my bottle of '95 opus one and and enjoy it
It's Not Unusual - Tom Jones.
I'm not normally into Pop but i'm digging the new No Doubt CD.
I rarely listen to female artists, but some of the new Shakira stuff is pretty sweet.
Quote:No Doubt CD.
The first single off this album "Rock Steady" didn't interest me, so I never bought it. But I came across it on DC, and d/l'ed it, and I love it now. Great summer driving music.
for my keyser...even though he loves me no longer...Undecided

No Doubt
Making Out

Yeah...

I'm on the second floor with a lock on my door
I'm looking at a picture of your face
The last time I looked you were looking really good
But somehow pictures fade

Then we're on the phone and we're all alone
But that just ain't good enough
I go around the world to see your face
'Cause this just ain't good enough

So I'm just kicking it
I'm counting the days
I hardly can wait
For us to hang out
I'm really missing it
In so many ways
I anticipate us making out

(Here comes another one)

Sip my morning tea but you're not next to me
Here goes another day
I'm driving in my car
I wonder how you are
When our favorite music plays

And there are flowers above to my surprise
And I got the note
It gave me hope

So I'm just kicking it
I'm counting the days
I hardly can wait
For us to hang out
I'm really missing it in so many ways
[Repeat]

Yeah...

Ooh oohh
Ooh oohh
Ooh oohh

Soon you'll be here with me (making out...)
Soon you'll be right here with me

I'm with my friends 'till the night ends
And honestly you can trust me

So I'm just kicking it
I'm counting the days
I hardly can wait for us to hang out
I'm really missing it in so many ways
[Repeat twice]
Oh sure, just steal my favorite song off the album. You stink!

Now I can never hear it again without thinking about keyser. Thanks. :disappointed:
Well I listen to everything from classical to jazz to rock and rap.

Like a few of you I hate Country music but I love Johnny Cash and also Patsy Cline. I don't like the new sound of No Doubt and I also dislike most Ska music but I love Sublime as well. Reggae and Rasta Music is also something I dislike but who can not love the genius of Bob Marley?

So I'm gonna go with Marley since I am not into that type of music in general. My most favorite Marley songs have to be Buffalo Soldier and Redemption Song
Pages: 1 2 3