CDIH

Full Version: When you're sick...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
......no, not mentally......

So, I'm sick again, this is like the 5th time this year. What do you like to do when you stay home from work?

I have a movie, well more like a mini-series, that I like to watch. It like 6 hrs long, and good for a whole day of laying on the couch. :thumbs-up:
Quote:I have a movie, well more like a mini-series, that I like to watch

Is watching roots the equivilent of holistic healthcare?
read and sleep...watch movies if i can get up to switch dvd's...it depends on the illness most of the time
Why do you get sick so much? I haven't been sick 5 times (that weren't alcohol induced) in the last 10 years.

It is my contention that medicine makes you sick because it does the work for your immune system, therefore weakening it. I never take any medicine and therefore my immune system is strong like bull. When I get sick, I am bedridden and can't move for a day or two. I get violently ill and just sleep like 15 hours a day. Then I'm fine the next day. The only thing I do, is drink a gallon of OJ the day I start to feel sick.
If we still had that sleeping/drooling smilie I would post it right about here. I just try to snooze my illness away if it's a fever/cold.
This one: :drool:
It's weird, I haven't gotten sick all year yet...no sinus infections, no migraines, either... I keep getting this feeling like I'm going to get sick, like once a month, then it goes away

YAY! immune system :bouncer:
Quote:Is watching roots the equivilent of holistic healthcare?
Nooo, it's called The 10th Kingdom. About a girl from NYC that goes thru a magic mirror & ends up in a place where the fairy tales are real. When it was on tv, it was 5 2hr parts. Now I have the dvd.

Quote:Why do you get sick so much?
If I knew that, I could stop it right? Everytime the weather changes, not sure if it could be allergies or what, sucks though. This time it's just a head cold. It seems to alternate, either chest cold or head cold. ....... yeah I know, "hehe she said head" :blow:
Quote:keep getting this feeling like I'm going to get sick, like once a month
In the morning? Happy Mother's Day
not funny Confusedneak:
Quote:not funny Confusedneak:
EeeeeeeK!!!! No...not funny at all.
Ladi, you could have allergies or Ebstein Barr Virus.....
Quote:Ebstein Barr Virus.....
........and that would be....???
Quote:Ebstein Barr Virus

Ebstein's Bar is a filthy place. That's probably what it is. You never know what you'll catch there.
Quote:Quote:

Ebstein Barr Virus.....

........and that would be....???

A low grade virus usually that involves a sore throat, fever, and fatigue that seems to come and go and come and go.
It can be detected and confirmed with a blood test.

Edited By LunaBabe on May 09 2002 at 3:11
Quote:sore throat, fever, and fatigue
nope, don't have that :thumbs-up:
Cool....didn't mean to scare ya. :thumbs-up:
i hadnt been to the doctor for 7 years and felt fine. went for a checkup and was sick for 2 days from the tetanus shot. fucking quacks!!
So I'm going to Grad school in a few weeks and I just heard that I need a tetanus to update my immunizations (I haven't had a tetanus for 15 years).

But I haven't been to a doctor since high school, and since I don't have a job as I await school to begine I have no health insurance.

No health insurance + no primary care physician = how much of a hassle will it be to get a friggin tetanus shot?

Can I just call some outpatient facility, or should go to the emergency room? What the hell should I do?
go to a clinic. its like $15. how helpless can you be? sheesh!
Quote:No health insurance + no primary care physician = how much of a hassle will it be to get a friggin tetanus shot?
You could go to a clinic or go to a regular physician. It's not that hard to get a tetanus shot. It probably won't even cost that much, either.
Pages: 1 2