CDIH

Full Version: Die dave grohl!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You fucking prick!!!

You decide to tour with QOTSA WEEEEEEE, thats fucking great, BUT YOU SOLD OUT THE FUCKING SHOW IN 1 DAY DICKHEAD!!!!

I don't think QOTSA has ever sold out a show in 1 day, and especially not Bowery Ballroom. So now I have to drive to Philly to see you guys play. YOU COCKSMOKER!!!!
the drummer for Nirvana is 1 billion * more talented than the lead singer (and he's got a better voice too)
ha ha!!!

Dave Grohl 0WNZ!!!11 :bow:
I hate him for bringing The D into the mainstream. They sold out, man. :-p

Edited By Danked on May 09 2002 at 4:37
Quote:QOTSA
?????????????????????????????????
Queens Of The Stone Age
Quote:Queens Of The Stone Age
you guys make me feel like i live on a different planet
it just fucking sucks that in the reviews of the couple shows they've played, the only ones in the band are Dave Grohl and Mark Lanegan...they're not even members! Bring back Gene Troutman!!! Dave will be back with Foo after a couple months at least...

....oh well, Dave and Kurt were big fans of Kyuss, always promoting their albums from what I've heard/read- Day One (the hidden track on ...And the circus left town) was dedicated to Kurt, sad song...

Quote:Day One

Don't be sad for what will never be
Be glad you didn't have to see
This time became a part of me
And now this burning memory

The sun will break the night till dawn
And then we'll tell some tales again
And when the time has come and gone
The wind will carry on and on
The wind will carry on and on
What I can't figure out is how QOTSA never hooked up with The Melvins because of their Nirvana ties. Kurt and Buzzo were good friends in Seattle, and it's even rumored that Buzzo tought Kurt how to play guitar. I would love to see Buzzo sit in with QOTSA some day, and maybe even get Dale Crover to play drums since they don't have a freakin drummer now. The only problem would be that the Melvins are either touring, or in the studio. They never take time off. They put out at least 1 new album every year.
Quote:and especially not Bowery Ballroom
i think keysers band can sell that place out.:lol:
how many people does it hold? its only a couple of hundred isn't it?
Fuck QOTSA, BRING ON THE FOO!!!
Fuck FOO, BRING ON THE PSEUDO!!!
Union Beach...next saturday...THAT COULD WORK!
Nice!
OK, so all is well in the world. I got my ticket for the Philly show. :-D :fuggin:
Quote:the drummer for Nirvana is 1 billion * more talented than the lead singer (and he's got a better voice too)

As a fan of both Nirvana and Foo Fighters I have to disagree. I think they're both talented but Grohl has a pretty weak voice when he performs live. On record, with the help of the studio, he sounds great but i've heard him sound absolutely horrendous live. His voice cracks and goes off key quite often.
I like the Foo's songs, but I don't think that any one guy in the bad is great. But they can write some good damn songs.
As far as Grohl, he got lucky being in Nirvana. He's not a great drummer, he's adequate. A big part of Foo's success in the beginning was the fact that it was "the drummer from Nirvana". They did prove themselves with great songs though.
C'mon, how many drummers from bands that prematurely imploded can you name that went on to become this successful creating their own band?

Can you name any drummers that went on to have a decent career away from the band that made them successful?

Don Henley is the only one that comes to mind for me.
I just remembered another, Phil Collins.
Hugely successful? No. But there are a bunch that go on and play with some great bands. And Grohl isn't playing drums in Foo, so it only half counts.

Mick Fleetwood is another one. But he certainly hasn't had the same sort of success he had in Fleetwood Mac.
ummm, ...does Ringo mean anything to anyone?
Pages: 1 2