CDIH

Full Version: Survivor: tuggin at heart strings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm watching Survivor tonight, and they brought one family member on the show for each survivor, for a challenge. The winner of the challenge gets to stay overnight on Marcasus(sp?), with the tribe.

It was pretty emotional for all of the survivors to see their loved ones after being apart for so long. Personally, I get sucked in by shows/movies like this. Sometimes, I even shed a tear. I love a good story, whether it's real or just a script.

Do movies and tv shows suck you in during emotional moments?
Was the winner black because it might be a 'brother getting ahead' thing. Did they have the nice music like Peter Griffin wanted when he was united with his father?

Personallly, I dont' get sucked in. It just seems like a cheesy ratings ploy created purposely to pull at your heart strings and it doesn't work for me.
I tend to take movie and TV view at face value. That's why I can get sucked in by stupid ploys. It's also why I probably enjoy watching movies and TV more than you. I don't feel the need to analyze everything I watch. I just enjoy it for what it is, entertainment.
I watched it too, and I just thought it was kinda cheesy. But as for movies, yeah, I get all weapy sometimes. A movie like City of Angels, that gets me every time. :-(
i'm such the girl...i was crying like a little bitch. my mom was even laughing at me Undecided
i don't really understand these people getting so emotional, i only see my parents and sisters once or twice a year and i don't break down like that. and they'll all be home in a week, but i guess the hunger thing might affect it.

i didn't cry watching that, but i did cry watching er. sad shit in movies and tv doesn't affect me so much as seeing other characters react to the sad shit, then i usually become a big pile of jello
I get sucked into the cheesy family/romantic shit all the time...and I cry like a little bitch. I can't pass up any romantic comedies on cable, no matter how lame they are... Undecided
Quote:i don't really understand these people getting so emotional, i only see my parents and sisters once or twice a year and i don't break down like that.
That's because you have no soul. :disappointed:
I cry like a pussy at the end of "The Cowboys"
When a dying John Wayne tells all the boys how proud of them he was....
I need a tissue.....
damn you k1d, i taped that last night to watch later on!! you suck ass
I cried like baby during last night's episode...I know they do it on purpose to pull at our heart strings, but it still gets to me. Shit...I cry at the stupid Kodak commercials... And any sappy romantic comedy I'm a blubbering idiot....