CDIH

Full Version: Fringe beliefs - Do you have any?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Aliens?
Psychic powers?
Mysticism?
Ghosts?
X Creatures (Big Foot, Nessie, The Lake Camplain Monster)?

Do you hold any "fringe" beliefs that the majority of people don't beleive in?
Free sex, oh wait that was the 70's. Nevermind. :-D
I believe in Lock Ness monster and Champ in lake Champlain...I think they are possible, and until you can prove to me they don't exist, they do in my mind.

Do you mean aliens like elian was an alien?
Quote:Do you mean aliens like elian was an alien?
Well for all practical purposes, Cuba is anonther planet.
No.
I do know for a fact ( because I was stationed at a first nuke alert base) that there are UFO's that they track everyday but they are only to make sure its not a missile
Laz would we need a second nuke alert base or do you think the secret would be out after the first one?
I still believe the moon is made of cheese.
Oh yeah, and the world is flat. Until I've traveled around the whole thing, it's flat to me.

Actually, I certainly believe there are UFO's. Not necessarily aliens flying them, but someone is. Maybe military, maybe eccentric millionaires. Who knows.

I also believe that everyone's out to get me.
funny old man
we have them all down the east cost there are 5
yeah and i didn't say they were aliens
As Arthur C. Clark said, U.F.O. means Unidentified Flying Object. Every time you look up and don't know what something is, it's a UFO until you figure out what it is. Claimed he saw UFO's all the time. Only two in his life he wasn't able to figure out at some point.
I don't believe in God, it's something I don't believe in that almost everyone else believes in.

I also kinda sorta believe in voodoo because this witch doctor who used to clean where I worked put a spell on my ex and it worked...probably a coincidence though....but it was odd.
I'm dissapointed in all of you for not getting the obvious joke!

Fringe beliefs including:

Magus has a girlfriend
Cunt-Twat is a virgin
Ken's Pen is funny
Maymay is straight
Arpi isn't annoying
Slash posts too much
Spitfire has a flat ass
Snuka and Inkgrrrl are secretly dating

and the list goes on and on and on...
Well I don't know if you could call aliens a fringe belief since I think a lot of people, including myself, believe in them. Ditto JFK assassination.

As for things like the supernatural, strangely enough I do believe while I don't believe in God or religion. I am willing to believe in things like demons, vampires, ghosts, interdimensional creatures. Physic powers I too am a firm believer in.
Quote:Physic powers I too am a firm believer in.
Thought about that a lot in highschool. Think of it this way.

THe human nervous system works on electricity running through nerves. When electricity flows, it creates a magnetic field. Your entire body has a magnetic field around it (an aura).

Now, what if your mind coud "read" someone else's magnetic field (aura)? What if you were so attuned, you coud "read" the magnetic waves given off by the neurons firing in someone's brain?

Of course, in reality the electrical output is so weak it can barely be read by sensors placed on the skin let alone by someone across the room.

It would also explain ghosts if they are an impression left behind by someone's "aura" that is being read by someone sensitive enough.
I believe I can fly. I believe I can touch the sky.
i used to believe that Dent wasnt some pale friendless virgin who like to sit around in a star trek outfit pretending his computer was part of the Enterprise, but i got over it.

Edited By Arpikarhu on May 10 2002 at 1:06
Humans are composed of energy..I think any of that is possible Arthur. I've seen shows about "high-energy" places where lots of events have transpired and emotions were always high such as schools that are haunted, you can still hear kids running up and down the halls. They are just echose/residuals of the past.

Other fringe beliefs I have:

that there is a connection between the ancient world and Sirius, though I'm not sure what that is

the Egyptian pyramids, Easter Island heads, Atlantis, Olmec negroid head carvings, Stonehenge, and other ancient wonders are over 12,000 years old. The architecture and placement coincides with the star patterns at that day, like the pyramids of Egypt line up with Orion's belt in the sky in the year 10,500 BC and similarly the temple of Angkor in Cambodia lines up with Draco, the constellation of a dragon in the sky above, coincidentally in the year 10,500 BC. There's a few others existing today that also match up with constellations....
(I believe that there was an ancient advanced civilization that imparted its knowledge by traveling to lesser advanced cultures. That would explain all of the similarities in the ancient world)

Show me proof against any of this...you can't carbon date rock.

Oh yeah, and, I believe that Slash has AIM and has shown up at every board outing, but refuses to reveal himself
Quote:Oh yeah, and, I believe that Slash has AIM and has shown up at every board outing, but refuses to reveal himself
So SLASH is Ikea Boy?
I believe the children are the future.
Pages: 1 2