CDIH

Full Version: Introducing new york's hottest new museum.... - The museum of salad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I went to the Seapot for lunch and walk in to see...the Museum of Salad.....as if that wasn't odd enough, there were people in it....wtf?

Quote:The First-Ever Museum of Salad Debuts in New York May 1; Dole Fresh Vegetables Endows Exhibit to Kick Off National Salad Month
NEW YORK, April 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Dole Fresh Vegetables, Inc. the world's number one supplier of fresh produce, debuted the Dole Museum of Salad at New York City's South Street Seaport in Lower Manhattan today. The morning's ribbon cutting ceremony kicks off the month-long celebration of "National Salad Month" to draw attention to the healthful benefits of eating salad.

"Sammy Salad," the Dole Salad mascot, and student chefs from the New York Restaurant School cut the "Cordon Bleu" ribbon officially opening the museum. Eric Schwartz, President of Dole Fresh Vegetables, hosted the event. "To focus the public's attention on healthy eating and the importance of salads in the diet, we created an interactive way to provide a lively learning experience for people of all ages."

The Dole Museum of Salad, which has free admission, offers visitors a hands-on, interactive tour of the booming business of salad from seed to the dinner table. Colorful displays feature presentations on the lore and romance of the history of salad, the unusual origins of such classic American salads as the Caesar, the Cobb and the Waldorf, and the precise steps taken to provide fresh and safe pre-packaged salads to consumers. An interactive "Salad Factory" computer program where museum guests can create their own virtual salad, a hands-on examination of state-of-the-art salad packaging and a presentation of the Salinas Valley "Giants" environmental art are also featured.

New York City was selected as the premiere location of the Dole Museum of Salad, says Schwartz, "Because New York is one of the world's great culinary centers, and a desirable destination for world travelers and vacationing families. What more appropriate place to present such a fun exhibition than in the Big Apple?" Following the month-long exhibit in New York, the museum will relocate to its permanent home in California's Salinas Valley, the "Salad Bowl of the World."

The Dole Museum of Salad is located at Pier 17, 89 South Street, New York at the South Street Seaport. The museum will be open Wednesday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., through May 31. For on-site information, call 212-732-8257, ext. 0. More information about the museum can be found at <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dolesalads.com">http://www.dolesalads.com</a><!-- w --> .

Dole Fresh Vegetables, Inc. is a subsidiary of Dole Food Company, Inc. (NYSE: DOL - news). Dole Food Company, with 2001 revenues of $4.5 billion, is the world's largest producer and marketer of high-quality fresh fruit, fresh vegetables and fresh-cut flowers, and markets a growing line of packaged foods.
i like croutons:-D
Buttmunch would be proud!
Quote:Dole Fresh Vegetables Endows Exhibit to Kick Off National Salad Month
Why in the mother of fuck is there a National Salad Month???????
Quote:Why in the mother of fuck is there a National Salad Month???????

I don't know...was just talking to my friend, we're hoping next month they turn it into the museum of sausage.
Remember your greens!!!....Oh wait, that's Earth day.
Quote:we're hoping next month they turn it into the museum of sausage
there's a surprise
Oh there's also the new Museum of Urban Art, which is really graffitti on the wall....
Polly is into tubesteak?
Quote:Polly is into tubesteak?
No, Arpi is.
Quote:Polly is into tubesteak?

No, Arpi is.

you are projecting again, shitstain
Quote:you are projecting again, shitstain
I fucking think not.
can you get your salad tossed at the museum...
Quote:I fucking think not.
grumpy sucks at teh anger and you couldnt even carry his jock
Next week's International Pickle Week (May 17-27)

May is National Barbecue Month

Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
what kind of pickle
Now I'm in the mood for a salad but they're so damned expensive
Quote:Next week's International Pickle Week (May 17-27)

I :loveya: :loveya: pickles!!

Yea! for pickle week!

Ikea, go to Wendy's or something, their salads aren't too expensive.
Quote:Now I'm in the mood for a salad but they're so damned expensive
\
why dont you "magick" one up gandalf
A) I never said I had powers or can get the powers.
B) I never said anyone I know does have powers.
C) I just said i'm willing to accept the possibility that such powers are possible.
Pages: 1 2