CDIH

Full Version: When you die - Buried or cremated?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Personally I would like to be cremated because I can't stand the thought of worms and things crawling through my skull after I pass.
do you just like to start polls?
and for me i think i'd like to be buried
I told you I was bored. And for a lot of these things I truly am curious.

Edited By Jack Meehoff on May 25 2002 at 12:11
Actually, I thought of this topic sometime ago....but, I don't start topics, so...I'm glad you did, Jack. ;-)

I'd rather be cremated. I'm dead, so, what does it matter, and why take up land as a final resting place.
I scattered a great friend of mine on Mt. Tamal Pais (sp?) in Sasalito, CA. It was windy that day, too.....so, he ended up all over my coat. :crackhead:
Quote:Cremated remains dropped on Safeco from plane

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

SEATTLE -- A baseball fan's cremated ashes were dropped over Safeco Field by a low-flying plane Friday, prompting a hazardous materials scare.

The ash-filled container was dropped from a Cessna plane and hit the stadium roof at mid-morning, Seattle Fire Lt. Harold Webb said.

Someone called 911.

Hazardous materials crews responded, closing off the streets around the stadium. No one on the ground was hurt, and the streets were reopened in about an hour.

The identity of the remains was not immediately known.

"There was a spouse on board and her husband was a pilot and a giant Mariners fan, and wanted some of his ashes scattered over Safeco Field,'' Dave Menzimer, a Wings Aloft flight instructor, told KIRO-TV. "We've spoken to the FAA. There were no rules violations. The pilot was talking to the tower while all this was going on.''

But FAA regional spokesman Allen Kenitzer said the agency would investigate and could enforce civil penalties, including fines against the company or suspension of the pilot's license.

Regulations prohibit the dropping of objects from a plane unless precautions are taken to ensure they won't hurt anyone, he said.

The plane flew out of Boeing Field, about four miles south of the ballpark.

"We're certainly not pleased,'' Mariners spokesman Tim Hevly said before Seattle played the Baltimore Orioles on Friday night.

Hevly said the ash container bounced off the roof and landed on a street north of the stadium.

Mariners head groundskeeper Bob Christofferson said there was no trace of any ashes inside.

"I think that may be the weirdest thing I've ever heard or seen,'' he said. "I consider it a fluke. It's not something that happens every day.''

Christofferson joked he might need to start wearing a hard hat. People often ask if they can sprinkle remains in the ballpark, he said, but the organization has a policy against it.

"You think you've seen everything,'' said Lee Pelekoudas, Mariners vice president of baseball administration. "It's surprising a plane would go that close and that low. We're fortunate that's all it was with everything going on. That's pretty strange.''

Baltimore manager Mike Hargrove said the pilot made a bad decision, especially after Sept. 11.

When Hargrove heard the remains had missed their target, he said: "That would be my luck. Somebody would drop my ashes and miss.''

having someones ashes dumped somewhere seems creepy.
I want to be launched on a perpetual drift in space like Spock only to be resurrected in a sequel.
Quote:It was windy that day, too.....so, he ended up all over my coat
that's just wrong. :-D

anyway, buried.
Cremation. I'm too scared of necrophiliacs.
Quote:Cremation. I'm too scared of necrophiliacs.

I don't know why, but when I read that my cat jumped cause I just all of a sudden laughed out loud.
:rofl:
i want to be stuffed and put on my couch with the remote in my hand so that everybody is forced to deal with me every day in death as they were in life
You forgot, "Don't give a fuck.".
Quote:You forgot, "Don't give a fuck.".
you are going to die homeless with a crack pipe in your hand , so i can understand why you dont give a fuck
I'd like my body to disappear
i don't want to die Undecided
Quote:I'd like my body to disappear
you have already won
Quote:I'd rather be cremated. I'm dead, so, what does it matter, and why take up land as a final resting place.
yup, me too...
Quote:you are going to die homeless with a crack pipe in your hand , so i can understand why you dont give a fuck
first of all, that'll never happen. second of all, after I'm dead, what the fuck do I care?

Maybe I'll be wrong and end up being the left eye of some fat chick, but I doubt it because my vision isn't that good. nobody would want my body parts.

I intend to enjoy life to the fullest. I don't care how long I live as long as I enjoy it.

Edited By Kid Afrika on May 25 2002 at 02:28
Quote:I intend to enjoy life until the fullest.
and that will start when?
I enjoy my life, because I do what I want to do, because I want to do it. I don't feel forced to do what others want, or to do what others expect of me.

I'm the type of brother that don't give a fuck. I can take you or leave you, it don't mean shit to me.
Quote:I'm the type of brother that don't give a fuck. I can take you or leave you, it don't mean shit to me.

Now I Dont Give A Fuck
Not A Single Fuck
Not A Single Solitary Fuck
Cause I Don't Give A Fuck Motherfucka

:-p
Pages: 1 2