CDIH

Full Version: How not to have fun on your morning commute
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm driving along, minding my own business when a semi on the other side of the road jacknifes and slams into the center barrier, throwing a shitload of debris right in front of my car. If that barrier wasn't there, they'd be scraping me up off the roadway right now. Anybody else have a scary commuting experience like that? I finally stopped shaking....I guess the coffee is helping :lol:
WOW dude!! Glad you're ok!

Once I saw someone get rearended a few cars up. I had wondered why the truck was bouncing up and down.
Quote:I had wondered why the truck was bouncing up and down.

Rolling brothel perhaps??
Quote:If that barrier wasn't there, they'd be scraping me up off the roadway right now.
I never wan't to hear you bitch about taxes again.
OAS, I've never bitched about the process of paying taxes...only the amount which I am forced to pay. I live in a pretty high tax area, even for metro NY. But yes, I'm glad they didn't buy the styrofoam barrier :lol:
One time, on my way back to NY, this guy two cars ahead, must have had a health event. He swerved right into the guard rail and ended up smack dab in the middle of the road. The car was sideways blocking traffic. Everyone was real lucky that it wasn't worse than it was, because we were all pretty much traveling close together. Out of everybody that stopped I was the only one with a cell phone.....I was shaking so bad I could barely dial 911.

I didn't stick around after that and I really don't think the guy survived it. Hope I'm wrong tho. He was an older man with an air cast on his leg. He probably had a pulmonary embolism. Something you have to be cautious of when you get older.

Now, my worst commute to work is forgetting my java in the kitchen while walking to my pc in the other room. :-D
Quote:Now, my worst commute to work is forgetting my java in the kitchen while walking to my pc in the other room.

You stink!
That's why I never leave the house.
:-o Eeek! Glad you're okay.

I got stuck in the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel this morning for close to 45 minutes right before they closed it, I couldn't get any reception on my walkman and all I saw were police cars flying in the opposite direction. Needless to say I was scared, but found out it was just a car accident.
The schizophrenic bums on the subway are also good for an interesting commute. Or the Jesus freaks who decide they need to save your soul and proclaim their faith to everyone on the train.
Quote:Or the Jesus freaks who decide they need to save your soul and proclaim their faith to everyone on the train.

Ughh...Opening Day at Yankee Stadium, this Jesus freak on the train was telling us that we all deserved to be struck down for not loving God and going to the game rather than to church. He was all like you won't love Jesus until you're cheering and have a heart attack and want him to save you...mark my words one of you will die at the game....
Quote:I got stuck in the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel

Stacker 2 :rofl: