CDIH

Full Version: Fu to the high cost of living in nj...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone PLEASE explain to me how the only apartments I can afford (barely) are shitholes, yet out in Arizona, I can get a beautiful NEW apartment in a NICE part of town with an awesome view for 200-300 LESS than here?

Of course, I could get a roommate and get a really nice place, but all my close friends are happy with their arrangements and I can't trust a total stranger to live with.
Quote:Can someone PLEASE explain to me how the only apartments I can afford (barely) are shitholes, yet out in Arizona, I can get a beautiful NEW apartment in a NICE part of town with an awesome view for 200-300 LESS than here?
because nobody wants to live in arizona
Quote:because nobody wants to live in arizona
I beg to differ, Sir Fbd.
because not as many people want to live in arizona as in new jersey, then?
I lived In Arizona for a while...
The main reason it's so much cheaper is, There is more money to be made around here...
Sure, there's some good paying gigs out there, but for the most part...
Here's where the money is being made...
That may be true, Sluggo, but, I have heard and seen within the past 10 years the place is sorta booming economically. Maybe that has changed, tho.

It is a spectacular place if you can tolerate the heat...of course that depends where you go. Too bad the place is full of right wingers, tho.
Quote:That may be true, Sluggo, but, I have heard and seen within the past 10 years the place is sorta booming economically. Maybe that has changed, tho.

Quote:Sure, there's some good paying gigs out there, but for the most part...
It all depends what you do for a living...
If you are the kind of person that does some kind of manual labor...
You are fucked.

**Is it easier for you to understand why I quoted myself now?

Edited By Sluggo on May 28 2002 at 9:32
i dont think i've ever seen somebody quote themselves from two posts ago before
um, because you're living close to one of the biggest metropolitan areas in the world?

i had a 2 bedroom 1 1/2 bath townhouse in florida. it had an enclosed patio and a little backyard, plus a seperate laundry room, eat in kitchen and two parking spaces. the price? $450 a month. now i'm paying $1100 to live in a shithole... i chalk it up to the fact that life basically sucks, get on with it
newark and irvington is very cheap. wonderfull communities as well. i say you move there.

oh...they really love it if you walk around with a white hood....and watermellon seeds in your pants pockets too. :thumbs-up:
it really does come down to what you can expect to make living in the area. there are higher paying jobs here. crx girl pretty much nailed it on the head. east central jersey is prime location, close to the shore and close to new york city. it really depends on what you prefer in terms of living circumstances whether the quality of life is worth it or not.
Quote:crx girl pretty much nailed it on the head

Yeah

Quote:i chalk it up to the fact that life basically sucks, get on with it
Actually, Asbury Park is turning retro, much like Red Bank did way back when. The problem is, there are three sections of Asbury right now...

The shithole... (70 percent of the town)

The gay community... (20 percent of the town)

The retro boom area... (10 percent and growing)

Blacks and gays - Asbury Park should be renamed "Oz".
i live rent free in jersey
Its getting to the point where even Putnam, Orange, Ulster and other norther counties are becoming really fucking expensive. Used to be able to get a nice house for around $250K and now new construction is hitting almost $400K. Forget anyhouse in that price range in Rockland, Westchester, Bergen or any other place within 25 miles of NYC. I have million dollar homes going up near me and I want to just knock on their fucking doors and find out how they can afford it.....bastards!!!