CDIH

Full Version: Counting crows - American girls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Counting Crows are no Goo Goo Dolls!!!
Gets funnier every time.
I know right
I listened to the song a few nights ago on the Counting Crows site, can't really decide if I like it or not because the sound on my computer isn't so great...I think PLJ might've started to play it though.
Quote:I think PLJ might've started to play it though.

i heard it about 2-3 weeks ago on plj, i like it :-)
i like some of their other stuff but this is a little too adult contemporary for me.
I'm thinking I just may like the Counting Crows.
I'm going to have to give them a listen.
Heard a live version yesterday, with Sheryl Crow singing back-up...sounds like the Crows, pretty good...
I have to get more of their stuff.
If you like the sound of live music better than studio versions, they have a live double album out that has songs from their first two albums on it...Live on a Wire (or something like that)...it's good, but there are repeats of songs if I remember correctly.
I recommend "This Desert Life" '99. That came out after "Live On A Wire" -- None of those songs are on the double-live LP. One of those live discs was a vh1 storytellers disc.
Quote:I recommend "This Desert Life" '99. That came out after "Live On A Wire" -- None of those songs are on the double-live LP. One of those live discs was a vh1 storytellers disc.

the other is from mtv's live from the 10 spot.

and slashy poo is right this desert life is the bestest. :-)
I dig Recovering The Satellites as well. August and Everything After is my favorite although < sarcasm > i'm sure its too popular for the 'too hip for the room' music crowd that Maynard associates with. < / sarcasm >
Quote:August and Everything After is my favorite although

Mine too, but I think it's partially because the CD is associated with a lot of good memories from high school.
Quote:Mine too, but I think it's partially because the CD is associated with a lot of good memories from high school.

high school? i was 12 when it came out Undecided
Quote:high school? i was 12 when it came out Undecided

I think I was a soph. in high school...I remember all of us up in my friend's huge bedroom listening to August and Everything After and Throwing Copper...then we would turn off the lights and light candles and lie on the floor and look at the glow in the dark starts and listen to Sarah McLachlan and Tori Amos. Undecided I miss those days.
Throwing Copper is another great album. Are you around 26 cause I see similar experiences surrounding my memories of both albums.
Nope, not 26....going to be 23 soon though. Jeeze...I can't believe all the memories that are coming back tonight....
it had to be awhile after the album dropped cause i remember still being in high school when throwing copper came out.

EDIT: It came out in April of the year I graduated (94). Now it comes together. I remember listening to it on the way down to Belmar for an after prom party at my buddy's beach house. Funny how you can relate albums and music to times of your life.

Edited By Keyser Soze on May 30 2002 at 01:04
Quote:It came out in April of the year I graduated (94)

Makes sense...I started high school in 93...so remembering listening to it soph. year is right...you were making me start to wonder just how long it took us to discover them. I always associate music with people and times in my life....I also tend to do the same with certain smells too...am I the only one?