CDIH

Full Version: Ron and Fez: Al V Rory- hoax?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There was a post about O&A and the Eddie the Murderer segment so I wanted to pose this here-- for the listeners of R&F, could the Rory v Al fight to lose their job be a hoax?

Last night, it was wondered by Jon if Al has a back up job he's already ready to leave for.

And after that, all falls into place. Al, the radio "personality," who probably would leave the show if he could has the ability to leave. How do they make it so to help them? Create a HUGE fight. They get listeners, Al leaves with a bang, everybody's happy.

Maybe it's just me but if you listen to Al he's not really that excited about the fight. He talks tough but his heart isn't into the words he speak. He was far more riled and excited and pumped before both Joe AND Earl and in this it's his job on the line as if he's resigning himself to his inevitable fate.

There were other clues I thought of last night which I have forgotten now but if I remember I'll post them in this thread which no one will probably read.
Ikea:

D&M are still in reruns on WNEW while they are live Nationwide.

This fits the pattern of playing reruns after someone is done - i.e. Leslie Gold.

If it's loser leaves the show - and NOT loser leaves WNEW - then I'm guessing that the loser will go to the Midday show, whatever it may be. Maybe Al realizes that Rory is going to kick his ass, but he'll get a new start on the new show.
I don't like either one of them. Can both of them leave the show?
i hope al wins. atleast al bashing is funny. rory is just boring.
i agree, rory is just annoying. Al bashing is fun.
as much as i think al is a waste of life, he makes for great radio. there is no way they will get rid of him. i will be totally surprised if they do. i thought rory was just an intern or something, which meant that he could go at anytime. so i see him losing. though i still think al dukes sucks balls.
I have to agree with the pro-Al, anti-Rory sentiment. rory might be a better guy behind the scenes but as far as on the radio Al is far better. His cockiness, soundbites, little insights into his personality and past make for hours of entertaining raido. Rory's really far more boring.
who won?
Quote:who won?
- Guess
Rory dropped him in the first round?
essentially Paper. everything i read (didn't listen) indicates that Rory just pummeled him like a black guy learning his white catholic girlfriend won't get an abortion.
Where the white women at?

Because of the open FM band, I was getting a Lincoln Nebraska Top 40 station on the 102.7 frequency. UGH AWFUL.

Rory was the associate producer of R&F, I guess he's the executive producer now.

I've decided, since I can do a pretty fair Al Dukes impression, that I will call up as Al Dukes from time-to-time as my new gimmick.
Quote:essentially Paper. everything i read (didn't listen) indicates that Rory just pummeled him

This is somewhat true. First Al didn't even wanna fight because it was raining out. And the ring was "soaked". It wasn't even a ring it was a mat and some bicycle racks around it. Al won the first round. But Rory kicked his ass the rest of the fight. I think Al got knocked down 9 times until he couldn't get up. The funniest part was when Al punched Gay Randy in the face before the fight.
Quote:The funniest part was when Al punched Gay Randy in the face before the fight.
Nice! About time. I knew there was a reason why I preferred Al.

Edited By IkeaBoy on June 15 2002 at 3:47