CDIH

Full Version: Question for the stoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When and if you have kids, what will you tell them about pot and shrooms and other drugs? Will you partake in front of them? Will you share your stash?
A friend of mine smoked with his parents, they were so cool.

It might be better than sending them out into the world to get high with strangers who might take advantage of them.

Oh another note.... speaking of kids..... recently someone mentioned that everyone they knew that had girl children smoked a lot of pot. Can anyone else notice this about people you know?
Thank goodness i'm impotent so I don't have to worry about this.
i doubt i'll have kids, but if i do, i'll tell them everything i know but i don't think i would smoke it with them. unless of course they came to me and offered it up :fuggin:
Quote:recently someone mentioned that everyone they knew that had girl children smoked a lot of pot. Can anyone else notice this about people you know?

No, just the opposite actually. My girlfriend has three boys (two are twins) and although she isn't at stoner status, she definitely partakes frequently. My next door neighbors are nightly smokers and they have a son, too.
If and when I have kids...
I will talk to them, but I will tell them it would be wise to wait until they are done with school...
It definately doesn't aid the studies...
I will not smoke in front of them, or with them untill after they are adults. Confusedmokey:
i have been thinking on this, and i think that it is best that you are honest with your kids...tell them what you did in the past, tell them about it, and explain what happens when you do it. don't glamourize it, be up front and open with them about it. as for smoking with them, if the time was right, and they were old enough (17ish) then i might smoke with them, so long as they had the good stuff!
Quote:I will talk to them, but I will tell them it would be wise to wait until they are done with school...
It definately doesn't aid the studies...
I will not smoke in front of them, or with them untill after they are adults.
sluggo summed it up perfectly, i couldn't have said it better myself
Quote:i'll tell them everything i know

CRX, the Martha Stewart of bongs. :rofl:

Quote:It definately doesn't aid the studies...
Every stoner I knew in highschool was a major underachiever. Not dumb, just lazy with no interest in studying. Watch one guy go from a drug free honor student to a drop out because of Pot and Mesculine.
I had a friend who's parents toked up with him almost nightly. Last I heard of him, he's trying to kick Heroin for the 3rd or 4th time. So I guess his parents kinda sent out the wrong message.
Quote:Every stoner I knew in highschool was a major underachiever. Not dumb, just lazy with no interest in studying. Watch one guy go from a drug free honor student to a drop out because of Pot and Mesculine.
:lookatme:
hi sluggo
I will tell my kids when I have them that I smoke, but I wont smoke with them. My mom actually has smoked with a bunch of my friends, but I never would or did. I always thought it was kinda creepy.
My parents did smoke the occasional joint. I did smoke some hash with my dad once when I was about 17 years old. I still think that was cool.

They did not tell me not to do it, but, they did tell me if I wanted to do it they would prefer that I did it at home. That is what I think sort of killed it for me. It wasn't a mysterious thing anymore. Now, I just can't smoke it because I get really paranoid and self-concious. I have smoked hash on occasion and I do not feel the same way so, I would definitly smoke hash again. :fuggin:

I used to be a big stoner chick in high school. Contrary to what Sluggo said, alot of stoners in my high school were straight A students. I used to love getting stoned and heading to Art class. I guess it depends on the person, too, tho.
In theory, I would discuss the pros and cons of recreational drug use. I would never smoke with my kids, around my kids, or with my kids knowing about it.

Like Sluggo said, maybe when they are adults, but definitely not before then.

I would like to think that I could educate my kids on what drugs are ok, and which ones are bad news. I know that I have never done cocaine, heroin, crack, or any of the more serious drugs. The bottom line is, know the risks, and when they are mature enough to handle the decision, I will let them. The bottom line will always be, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS! NOONE ELSE.

You get busted for sparking up, don't come crying to me.
Quote:Contrary to what ad said, alot of stoners in my high school were straight A students
we had both. the stoner dropouts, who were never going anywhere to begin with. and then the top of the class. i'd say 8 out of the top 10 in my graduating class were big smokers, and most of the people in my honours and ap classes smoked a lot. i graduated with a 3.7 in hs and smoked almost everyday on my way there. i got a 3.3 in college too and was stoned almost all the time. i guess i could've gotten a 4.0 but, that's not my nature anyway.

i don't think pot causes the problems, it all depends on how you use it. in moderation, i think it's beneficial, i'll take a joint over prozac or zoloft anyday. plus, at the end of a horrifically long and busy day, it's perfect. when it starts affecting your daily responsibilities, then it's a problem, and if you let that happen perhaps it's not right for you. but in my opinion, it's right for me :thumbs-up:

edit, so uh, yeah, that's what i would tell my kids, if they ever exist. but i'm with you guys on not smoking with them until they were adults.

Edited By crx girl on June 14 2002 at 5:14
In case you haven't been keeping up with the news, the UK is beginning to debate the legalization of pot. One town has already switched from arrests to stern verbal warnings for possessing a "personal" amount of pot to free up cops to deal with serious street crime.

A former MP (Brit senator) is even pushing the idea of taxing pot sales to pay for rehab and treatment for hard drugs like heroin and crack.

Personally, I've seen too many people throw their lives away on drugs to ever let my kids (if I had any) use 'em.
Quote:I've seen too many people throw their lives away on drugs
Would you care to give further details on this? What kind of drugs were their lives thrown away on?

I don't know a lot of potheads that can't handle the responsibilities of adulthood, simply because they smoke weed.

Now, I've seen some people get really fucked up on heroin, but that's another story entirely.
Alot of people can get really messed up on cocaine, too.
That is a bad thing to get into.
Quote:Every stoner I knew in highschool was a major underachiever. Not dumb, just lazy with no interest in studying.
Not me...graduated 15th in a class of 450...got a 1290 the first time I took the SAT's while pretty stoned...but like Luna said, people handle things differently...

The one thing I want my kids (perish the thought...) to be educated with the facts, not a bunch of bullshit propaganda. And also especially about the dangers of hard drugs. That's the problem with drug education. It teaches that all drugs are bad....mmmkay....it doesn't differentiate. I won't smoke with them until their an adult and I probably won't smoke around them, but they'll know we smoke. Kids bodies are still developing, drugs are really detrimental.

Arthur, check out Rolling Stone this week, there's a whole article called "Europe Loosens Its Pot Laws." Switzerland has almost legalized pot, it just has to go through one more legislative branch; but as of now, it's not illegal to sell it, like in public coffee shops. European governments and police forces watched to see what would happen in Amsterdam, and as the studies are coming out, it has all been positive. Pot consumption is actually lower in Holland than it is in the US. Studies have also shown that pot is less harmful than nicotine--Not that either is great but why keep one legalized and the other illegal? It's just retarded.

In England, a police chief ran an experiment for 6 months requesting that his officers warn rather than arrest people caught with small amounts of pot. This experiment saved over 1500 police hours (most of the time which would have been spent filling out paperwork for small possession charges) so that the police officers could address more serious crimes.
Pages: 1 2