CDIH

Full Version: Electric wizard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For anyone that's interested.....These guys rock!

NORTHSIX
66 north 6th street * brooklyn, ny 11211 * p: 718.599.5103 * f: 718.599.5190

Wed 6/26/02 $12 Doors 7pm Show 7:30pm
Electric Wizard (from the UK, only area performance)
Sons of Otis
The Begotten
Unearthly Trance
I'm up for it :thumbs-up:

Let's just hope they are...
all sorts of drunken antics on this tour...straight outta Spinal Tap

Quote:an example:
During the first couple of songs by EW, I noticed that Bagshaw was drifting off the left side of the stage and I couldn’t really keep him on the screen with the rest of the band. At first he seemed to be (from my angle) standing off the side of the stage but still playing.

At some point, however he put down his instrument and left. Yep that’s right he left. The club. Out the side door and down the alley.

Meanwhile the guitar and drums continues along and keeps churning out the noise. But eventually, Jus leans his vibrating, humming guitar up against a speaker and walks off stage while the drumming continues.

We were then treated to a great little drum solo which was followed by the return of Jus to the stage. It’s really at this point that I realized Bagshaw was just completely gone.

Guitars and drums pick back up with the jam and things start to proceed when…

All of a sudden, someone is picking up the abandoned bass and strapping it on. It’s Frank of Otis* come to the rescue of the Wizard!
but so far, almost every other show is right on...as long as the guys don't get too trashed...

but EW fucking RAWKS!! :headbanger:
so does Sons of Otis, it's real slow, trippy, but still heavy music.
Now THAT is a funny fuckin story.
They are no Anal Blast
They are FAR better than Anal Blast. Musically that is.