CDIH

Full Version: How many band shirts do you own?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have one rule for myself, I only buy a band t-shirt if I have seen them live. I've started a pretty good collection, and they're all girlie t's:

Ozzy
QOTSA x2
Dixie Witch
Halfway to Gone
Sea of Green
Alabama Thunderpussy
Melvins
a Meteorcity Records shirt
a few Dream Theater regular shirts

and a Lost Goat thong

Edited By Spitfire on June 21 2002 at 3:12
I don't buy many band shirts. And yes, I only buy them if I see them live. I really only have shirts from a few small bands that I REALLY like. And I usually buy a CD or something at a show instead of a t-shirt.

Ween
Melvins
QOTSA
ISIS
I own:

2 Alanis T-shirts (shocking I know), and one is on the way via mail order since it's $20 cheaper to do it that way... A LIVE camo baby-t, and a shirt from the DFP in 2000. I don't usually get shirts because of the cost and because I don't really wear t-shirts that often.
i have a green day shirt, cold, slipknot and tool and a dfp. the slipknot is to small for me now
5 or 6 Misfits, a few Dead Kennedy's, 2 Bad Religion, one Tool, 3 Black-Flag, 2 Anti-Flag, and a Patridge in a pear tree.
I have two left from high school...Def Leppard and Van Halen (OU812 tour). Rolleyes I know, I know.....

I don't buy them anymore since I never seemed to wear them....
1 Heart, 2 Cold Sweat (wearing one now)
1 Metallica from when I saw them at Giant Stadium. I either outgrew the rest or they faded and fell apart in the wash.
Oh, I forgot, I also own three NKOTB shirts... :crackhead:
i have waaaaaaay too many to list.
i like to wear shirts of bands i hate or are really corny. its the emo in me. a NKOTB, Milli Vanilli, or a Vanilla Ice shirt does just fine. Nothing too current like say, Creed, cause you might be mistaken for someone who actually likes them. I think its a fashion faux pa (sp?) to wear a shirt of the band you are seeing at a concert. You don't want to be that guy.

Edited By Keyser Soze on June 21 2002 at 2:22
IF, I wear a band shirt to a concert, it's NEVER the band I'm seeing. That's just wrong.
What about if you buy the shirt at the show and put it on?
Nope, sorry Polly, that's even gayer.
That's what I thought, I see people doing that all the time...always wondered why too...

The only thing I think is kinda cool about wearing a band's shirt to a concert is when it's like obviously old...like if lets say one of the bands you're really into hit it big 5 years from now and you wore an older shirt to the show...that's kinda cool....but then again I'm easily impressed.
I prefer to just do my own thing at a show. I don't need to wear an old shirt of the band to prove to anyone I liked them first. If anything, I'd tell them to go fuck themselves.

BTW..Keyser, there was a guy there last night with a "Free Winona" t-shirt on. It was a real shirt too, with her face on it. But certainly not as cool as the marker on the shirt one you have.
Never wear the shirt of the band you're going to see!

But everytime I go to the show, I try to wear a rock shirt...
one red thursday shirt, one black thursday shirt with the superdove on it, a finch shirt, a from autumn to ashes shirt, an incubus one, and two sublime ones. i rule...yea...
So exactly which one of those shirts is it that rules?
all of them. my red thursday one is my favorite though.
Pages: 1 2 3