CDIH

Full Version: Daryl kile- st. louis pitcher, dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CHICAGO -- St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Darryl Kile was found dead in the team hotel Saturday, a spokesperson for the Chicago medical examiner's office confirmed.

The spokesperson, who declined to give her name, did not provide information about the cause of death.

The Cardinals' game against the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field was canceled.

Joe Girardi, the Cubs' player representative, addressed the fans and told them the game was called because of a "tragedy in the Cardinals family.''

Several stunned players walked out of the Cardinals' clubhouse shortly after the game was called without comment. Saturday's Cardinals-Cubs game was postponed because of the tragedy.

Kile, 33, began his major-league career with the Astros in 1991 and in 12 seasons had an overall record of 133-119. He won 20 games for the Cardinals in 2000 and in 14 starts this season was 5-4 with a 3.72 ERA.

Edited By Gooch on June 22 2002 at 4:00
2-1 odds say it's a drug overdose.
that's my guess. if it was steroid-related, it's all over for baseball..they will be fucked.
Holy fuck! Talk about unexpected!!
Yet another experimental masturbatory-related death.
I don't remember a player dying during the season like this before, anyone know if its ever happened? His Buzz index on Yahoo Fantasy Baseball is gonna be through the roof. Seriously though, that is sad.
Some guy in my league traded Reed and Castillo for Alomar and guess who. He's asking if theres a dead guy clause in the rules.
You don't remember Thurman Munson, who I believe died in August of 1979?

Off the top of my head and not quoted from any news source, here are a couple others that I remember; former All-Star infielder Mike Sharperson was killed in a car accident on May 26, 1996, while playing for Triple-A Las Vegas.

California Angels star Lyman Bostock was killed in a drive-by shooting in Gary, Ind., on Sept. 23, 1978.

That doesn't also include Mike Darr, Tim Crews, and Steve Olin who were killed during Spring training, or Mike Hampton whose career died a few years ago
i don't see why he doesn't start him tomorrow :burnfucker:
I'll trade Kevin Brown straight up for Kile. What a waste of a 3rd round pick.
Quote:You don't remember Thurman Munson, who I believe died in August of 1979?
Yea, that must've slipped my mind since I was busy being non-existant. But yea, I probably should've thought of that one. Wasn't sure if he died during the season or off-season.
Now it's official...
I guess now I can drop him from my fantasy league....
Do 300 lb. linemen dropping dead in training camp count?
Do little girls in the stands at hockey games count?