CDIH

Full Version: Anyone play bass guitar?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've wanted to play bass for about 10 years now. My friend said he was going to pull his guitar out again, and I told him about my love of bass. So we're gonna jam a bit, see what happens.

Are there any tips you can give to someone new starting out? I have a bass to use temporarily, but will be buying my own in a few months. I don't want to break the bank either buying the bass and amp. Something that I can play on. I don't need a full on gig ready setup.

I'm thinking of getting the Ibanez GSR200. It's around $200 bucks off this one website. I dig the way it looks. From what I've read, it's a good starter bass. I don't want to spend much more than $300 on the bass itself, but if you have any other suggestions, feel free.

What about amps? Effects pedals?
You need a Wah! and a Fuzz!

I'd also like to start playing, I'm just afraid like everything else, I'll get frustrated and just won't stick with it...
If I could find a used bass, maybe $150 or so, I should try....
I'm being such a puss...
The one I'm looking at Spit is around $200 off the web. If you want to do it, just go for it. I've put it off for too long.
go for that ibanez your talking about.. its goods.. thats the one i started out on..
play'd for a year -- had a falling out with some friends now it just sits in a case and sold my amp:poke: