CDIH

Full Version: Nothing's shocking - Pussifying rock n roll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nothing's shocking

Quote:But Metallica fans have it easy. Most pitiable are the teenagers growing old with groups like Korn and Limp Bizkit, who were seriously wussy to begin with. When Fred Durst starts taming down for TV talk shows he’ll be Eddie Haskell with a bunch of tattoos. P.O.D.’s ‘Youth of a Nation,’ a song about suicide and school-shootings, echoes tragedies like Columbine, but so did Skid Row’s ‘18 and Life,’ written ten years before the Colorado massacre and known to be, way back in 1989, just shy of a Bon Jovi power ballad. If P.O.D. is channeling some kind of zeitgeist, then that zeitgeist is going to get its ass kicked when the real music comes along

I couldn't agree with an editorial more...all of the danger is missing from rock n roll...That's why I like bands such as Orange Goblin, High on Fire, Electric Wizard, Alabama Thunderpussy, etc. etc. The rebels are hiding in the underground-- and I can't wait for them to make their way up, I could imagine some of these scruffy, scummy guys making it on MTV. :rofl:

Ozzy's become safe! WTF is that? The most unsafe person in music, satan worshipper, bat and dove head-biter-offer, Alamo pisser-onner. Dude, he tried to kill his wife with a knife! How is that safe...I don't like this new Ozzy not one bit...

Why, Sharon, why?
Quote:Why, Sharon, why?
Money. She's a money loving whore who pimps out her husband to be family friendly so she can finally reach the mainstream.

And POD and their horrid hit "Youth of a Nation" isn't rock in the least. it's one of the few songs that's so bad it gets me sick.
Quote:Ozzy's become safe! WTF is that? The most unsafe person in music, satan worshipper, bat and dove head-biter-offer, Alamo pisser-onner. Dude, he tried to kill his wife with a knife! How is that safe...I don't like this new Ozzy not one bit...

Why, Sharon, why?

That was the reason I stated for not watching "The Osbournes" on MTV. I knew I wouldn't be able to listen to his music, even his older music, if I watched 1 second of that show - no matter how funny it is/was.

Matthew Ryan :headbang:
Bands have a habit of being destroyed by money. Look at Metallica. They were the ultimate in the 80's. They said fuck the system. They never made a video until "One" in late '88. The vidoe in it's self was not a sell out, just the Metaliboys figuring they tolled around enough without mainstream exposure. They hook up with Bob Rock and let the decline begin.

All through out the history of rock/metal, bands are forced to make the choice: stick to your guns and remain underground but true to your roots or try and rake in the cash. Bands have a hard time these days trying to tell MTV to fuck off. It's sad but MTV makes and breaks bands daily.
I'm going to listen to Papa Roach and Linkin Park and slit my wrists thank you very much.