CDIH

Full Version: If there is another baseball strike - What can the fans do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Players may set strike date at Monday meeting

A member of the Major League Baseball negotiating team told the Chicago Tribune on Thursday that union negotiators have said they plan to set a strike date at a meeting in Chicago next week.

Earlier reports, including one citing Chicago Cubs catcher Joe Girardi, indicated that players weren't likely to set a hard-and-fast strike date at a meeting of players representatives on Monday. But one player told the Tribune that the players association is concerned that there has been little movement on economic issues since March.

"We've said to them, 'What's the deal?'" one member of the MLB team told the Tribune. "The answer is, 'We're going to Chicago to set a strike date.' "

Girardi said Tuesday he doesn't think players will set a strike date Monday, but if the players don't strike before the end of the season, he expects management to lock out the players in the spring.

"We keep making proposals, and they have no response," Selig said. "There is just no response. Our guys are frustrated. ... The magnitude of this is frightening."

The owners want to reduce the disparity in revenues between clubs and curb salaries. Baseball has been hit by eight work stoppages in its history.

"It's the old thing," one highly placed MLB executive told the newspaper. "They think they can walk; then we'll blink and fold."

One owners representative said they remain united.

"Selig, no matter how much they're throwing at him, he won't move," said the MLB executive.

"I would just hope in the coming weeks and months we have a chance to make a deal," Selig said Wednesday. "We need a deal. ... I remember '94-95, trying to come back, and, oh, what a nightmare."

During negotiations in June, the sides mostly addressed secondary issues. In an attempt to get talks moving, owners made a series of small concessions. But in the last year, the union has moved only from 20 to 22.5 percent on revenue sharing -- owners are seeking 50 percent -- and hasn't acknowledged the luxury-tax issue. It made its last counterproposals on core issues in March.

Union head Donald Fehr has said the strike is a last resort. In recent days, he has been saying it may be the only choice players have left; otherwise owners will declare an impasse in negotiations after the World Series, which would give them the right to impose new work rules.

The players fear being locked out after the World Series.

"Everybody needs to stop worrying about the politics and make a deal," Selig said. "We can make one. ... The whole world knows the system has to be changed. There's enough revenue here ... where we ought to be able to do the things we have to do and move on."

Not again with this shit.It seems like there may be yet another strike to doom another baseball season. My favorite is these seem like the same mother fuckin issues from 94.

I had a real hard time tuning back in when play resumed after we, the fans, the seemingly unimportant factor in the equation got fucked out of a world series for the first time in our lifetimes. Well, except OAS, douche bag was around for the Black Sox. Will you stay loyal to a sport that strikes for the second time in eight years?
i think as long as baseball comes back with a solid plan where everything is more level, then they'll be ok. it'll take time but eventually fans will come back. but if they come back with another clusterfuck of a plan like they did in 94-95, they're fucked
Not only that, the same two guys who were in control of the strike in 94, Fehr and Selig, are still in control now.

I'm fucking sick of this shit. Overpaid fucking babies.
Sean, you fucked up. My name is supposed to be on every poll so that it can get the least amount of votes.
Quote:My name is supposed to be on every poll so that it can get the least amount of votes.
you trying to steal my gimmick?

If these idiots strike, I'll have no job and I'll be poor, so fuck them.
Quote:If these idiots strike, I'll have no job and I'll be poor, so fuck them.

Relax, there are plenty of other toilets to clean besides the ones in Yankee Stadium.
ZANG
Go to messageboard and radio show hosted softball games?
If they strike, are tickets going to be refunded? I for one would be livid about swallowing the $400 I've spent on my season plan when we've only been to 12 out of the 26 games we've bought. They should finish the season and work out the contracts in the off season, its hard to feel bad for people who make more in an inning than I do in a month.
I really like that kill yourself choice :rofl:
Quote:Poly Said:

I for one would be livid about swallowing

That's a first.
i hope nothing changes cause i like the yankees having all of that money:-D