CDIH

Full Version: How much do you value audio in computing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Before when I was skimping on parts I decided it would be easier to get a cheap SoundBlaster Live! value from Creative. This sound card sucked so much ass. So recently I just purchased a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz and the sound quality is nothing short of amazing. With my Klipsch speakers(oh yeah I know youre jealous) the audio experience is unrivaled.

So I'm wondering in a computer world where faster processors and better graphics are valued the most. How much do you value audio in your pc?
as long as i get sound, i'm happy.

considering the fact that i have some of the best toys and gadgets available i never really bothered to get high quality speakers or sound cards for my pcs.
Depends how much into mp3s you are. I bought monster cable to run from my soundcard to my home theater system.

MP3's coming out of a denon receiver with a 6 speaker surround sound system rocks!
I used to be a sound editor, and worked on a lot of digital gear like pro-tools and Avid. To me, in regard to sound, quality is of utmost importance.
Never went into the speakers because I always end up playing the games wearing headphones because of where my PC is located in the house. When I get my new PC in a month or two, I'll get the surround sound speakers and sub-woofer with a good soundcard.

When it comes to games, 3-D sound is as important as good graphics. Nothing like hearing the enemy behind you to really get the hairs on your neck standing up.
I have the same sound card, I might not have the speaker set up that you have, but my A.L. set souds awesome.
The Turtle Beach is nothing short of amazing. My old SoundBlaster Live would distort a lot of sounds but the Santa Cruz plays everything perfect.

And Dent what's your price range on speakers? Last time I built myself a system I skimped out on other parts(processor, ram, etc.) just so I could get the Klipsch 4.1 speakers. To this day I don't regret it. They have 5.1s out right now but they are the best surround sound on the market. Otherwise if you want something cheaper but still very good check out Logitech speakers.
I'm using C-media 6 channel audio, And Cambridge soundworks surround sound speakers. Works for me.
i have boston speakers and a subwoofer. my computer is always in a small room so its not the best that exist, but its more than adequate for what i need.
I think I paid like 179 for mine, 4 speakers and a double sub, 140 watts.
C-Media sound is actually pretty decent for onboard sound. It's even better than Creative.

My Klipsch 4.1 cost $250 and it was every goddamn penny. I think I'm going to marry the 400 watts of power these put out.
If I had seen them, I might have bought them...
I got the best I could find at the time I was shopping...
The sound is awesome and I have no complaints whatsoever with the Turtle Beach card.