CDIH

Full Version: Wwe news & notes 7/11/02 - Goldberg coming back but where?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- According to Dave Meltzer, Chris Jericho has re-signed with World Wrestling Entertainment. His contract was close to expiring, or had already expired.

- Bill Goldberg, during a phone interview with KTRH-AM 740 (Houston) last night, confirmed that he would return to the ring this year with the response “I will be back in the ring with 2002.” However, it isn’t known where he will wrestle, which doesn’t necessarily mean he will sign with WWE.

- Vince Russo who recently quit the WWE, was backstage at the NWA-TNA pay-per-view last night. Taking part in a production meeting, he also produced some of the backstage segments that aired on the show. Sources close to the situation say that Russo and Ed Ferrera talked out their differences recently. It was said to be the very first time the two have spoken to each other in nearly two years.

Any hopes of Steve Austin possibly returning to the WWE have been dashed with the latest issue of WWE RAW magazine. The next edition of the magazine is dedicated to Austin's departure from the WWE, and the WWE certainly don't hold back on their comments. On the cover, there is a picture of Austin wearing his trademark "What?" T-Shirt. However, the "What?" has been replaced with "Why?" One of the features of this issue is several of the wrestlers state their feelings on the situation.

- Reportedly, on a radio station in Pennsylvania Stephanie McMahon was advertised as appearing at the July 16th SmackDown taping in Wilkes Barre, PA. You may recall Stephanie was kicked out of WWE after Triple H won a match where the stipulation was if he won, she would have to leave.

- Many WWE officials are under the impression that Shawn Michaels wants to make a return to the ring. He has brought up the idea several times, but has concerns about damaging his reputation.

- Ric Flair will not be wrestling full-time but will usually appear on most house shows in a non-wrestling, yet physical segment where he will confront a heel. When RAW is in a major market, that is when Flair will be asked to wrestle.

- Triple H was planning on working two house shows in one night on 6/29 in Providence and New York. The cities are only 170 miles apart and he was going to work early on one show and then fly over to the other to work the main event. However, plans were obviously scrapped when Dr. Andrews told Triple H that he needed surgery.

- There was some talk in WWE last year about bringing in Sting either over the summer or for a Wrestlemania angle but discussions never got anywhere after Sting showed no interest in the WWE schedule.
Stone Cold friction seems like a executed WORK or Vince being vindictive...which is alkso possible. But, just seems to me that they'd magnify it before he was ever to comeback as to create more POP.
I think it's safe to say that Stone Cold is a memory. What the WWE needs right now is ratings and a renewal of fan interest. Assuming it's a work, I would think by now they would have brought him back to do just that.

Wrestling is really close to fading away - the shows have become pretty much a joke, and I can't remember the last time I actually sat down and watched a show with any interest. Sure, I keep tabs on what's going on, but strictly through the internet show-recaps.

Not having any competition really hurt the WWE in my opinion. The NWA-TNA has a slim chance of becoming a competitor, but from what I've seen so far, they've got a hell of a long way to go. Having NASCAR racers wrestle will not appeal to most of the disgruntled WWE fans. And midgets, while funny, are an overused gimmick which cheapens the product.

Who would've thought that Stone Cold would be gone and Hogan would be back - as a Tag-Team Champ no less! If this is the legacy that Vince McMahon envisioned for Sports Entertainment, I sure hope he likes it - because ti seems noone else does.
As far as I'm concerned, lately the product is on the upswing. I think it stills needs work as there is always room for improvement, but the segments recently have been very entertaining. I am really enjoying the Booker/Goldust combination and they are pulling off some really funny skits.

The matches have been getting better and more wrestlers are beginning to be elevated. Lets hope this trend continues.
Quote:I am really enjoying the Booker/Goldust combination and they are pulling off some really funny skits.

I agree with that. But now with the NWo disappearing Booker and Goldust have no reason to do interviews together. They are not a "good" tag team. And last night they both had singles matches. Plus now they are gonna build up the Big Show Booker T feud.