CDIH

Full Version: Wwe news & notes 7/16/02 - Smackdown general manager?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- As mentioned on WWE RAW, the nWo is no more as the decision has been made to disband the group. With Nash's injury, X-Pac has been given a "leave of absence", Shawn Michaels has no role and the Big Show is being pushed for a match against Booker T at Vengeance.

- For what it's worth, the Smackdown GM position is being rumored to be filled by Stephanie McMahon. Mick Foley was also being considered and he was offered the spot but it all depends or depended on his decision to join WWE full-time once again.

- Many names have been mentioned as being the General Manager of SmackDown, some say it could possibly be Dusty Rhodes, while others say it could be Stephanie McMahon, as reported. Which brings up a very interesting point. We previously reported that a radio station in Pennsylvania advertised Stephanie McMahon as appearing at the July 16 SmackDown taping in Wilkes Barre, which is tonight. Of course that is not yet confirmed, however, we will find out tonight.

Many sources have been reporting that Stephanie McMahon has been showing signs of frustration over the past few weeks. She has lost her temper when people outside of the writing team have questioned her direction, and made suggestions.

Perry Saturn is close to recovery from his ACL surgery. He should be back in the ring within a couple of weeks.

It is expected that Tazz will continue to be a full-time commentator, and his wrestling career is all but over.

Bradshaw has received praise for putting over Chris Nowinski in back-to-back TV matches. However, some people think it could damage his career.

Brian Gewirtz has some heat backstage about pushing Nash into his match last week without giving much notice. He also has heat for booking a ten-man tag match with wrestlers who had already wrestled earlier in the show.

There is a rumor currently circulating backstage that the WWE wants to cut their roster by approximately 10-20 wrestlers. If the rumor is true, both developmental wrestlers, and main-roster wrestlers could lose their jobs. Due to business being down, and many wrestlers not being utilized, this move would not be a surprise.

There is another rumor making the rounds that WWE management is upset with X-Pac. He has been very vocal recently about his distain at the current direction of the nWo
So basically it may look like Shawn Michaels career in the WWE may be over once again after only a few short weeks... Undecided
As i said in the other thread...i am hoping that he'll be the Smackdown GM or somehow be introduced in a new DX. I can't see them dismissing him or taking away the nWo without giving Shawn something in return. Steph on TV is a mistake, just like her writing it was.

Darkhorse candidate: Rowdy Roddy Piper.
Piper was always my favorite wrestler when i was a kid. Back in the 80's I was caught up in the hulkamania but Piper was always my fav. Piper laid the blue print in my opinion for the stone cold character. He'd be a great choice but it's a long shot.

Foley won't happen cause he's with that robot wars show, plus been done. Michaels is a long shot too cause he was also a commish. Steph is probably gonna be it but she is a huge mistake. But the Dusty Rhodes rumor has been going around for a while, he was supposed to be in the WWE a few weeks ago.
i had always thought the Dusty rumor was just as script consultant like Russo was supposed to be. I don't understand the point of having Dusty GM on Smackdown when the core audience would have no idea who he was.

Rowdy Roddy was my fave...I started watching him on NWA when he was an announcer (b/.c he was injured) and then he started being a heel, and then moved to WWF, and I followed. I liked Hulkamania...but I always loved & watched Rowdy Roddy. Since he has a hip replacement, one would think he could and would be willing...but only if he's approached.
Quote:But the Dusty Rhodes rumor has been going around for a while, he was supposed to be in the WWE a few weeks ago.

I must stray for a minute. Do you think that after all the ring wars Dusty has been involved in, defeating both Flair and Race for the NWA/WCW title, being involved in the original WarGames, growing the third tit, the blood he has spilled and all the shit I can't recall, that his proudest moment is to tell someone he just met that his son his Golddust?
Quote:his son his Golddust?

No he tells them his son knows Booker T.
Quote:It is expected that Tazz will continue to be a full-time commentator, and his wrestling career is all but over.

That's just a godamn waste!!!! WWE never even gave Taz a good chance at being a superstar. But Brock Lesner will be a main eventer.

As far as the smackdown GM. I hope it Shawn Michaels and yes they should create a DX-2002. As far as steph she needs to stay the fuck away from the ring mic.
Roddy Piper as GM would be classic also. Last night at raw they should a video montage and one of the guys who got the biggest pop was Piper. But i wonder if he wants to work full time again?
Edited by GonzoStyle:

Please if you're gonna put up a spoiler for a show do it in a different thread and mark it spoiler. So people who wanna watch the show don't have it ruined by knowing what happens.... BTW thanks for ruining it sugar cock.

Edited By GonzoStyle on July 18 2002 at 8:36