CDIH

Full Version: Oh please nooooo - Battlefield earth sequel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apparently the rumors for a sequel to Battefield Earth are becoming more and more plausible and frankly its scaring me shitless. The first movie was not only a Scientologist front but the shittiest movie of all time. I think we need to kill anyone who wants this project to go forth.
<table style=filter:glow(color=BLACK)><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!</span></table>
This is clearly a conspiracy started by NBC executives to give Jay Leno new material for his monologues.
Yeah ever since Clinton left office he can't make that many monica jokes.
Battlefield Earth? I couldn't even watch it for more than 5 minutes on cable. I was at least hoping it would be the "so bad it's funny" MST3K type of movie, but it's not even that good.

But, everybody knew this was going to happen one way or another. The cult of Scientology has too many lawyers. BE is a payoff to Travolta et al.
Like Dent, I tried to watch the original shitfest on cable and couldn't muster the will power it would have taken to finish watching this fuckin snore fest. And, now a sequel? This is just fuckin stupid. What warrented making a sequel to a movie that I have yet to hear a single good word said?
They were planning on a sequel as the first one was being made. In fact BE was just the first half of the novel it was based on, the sequel should be about the other Psyche colonies fighting earth for destroying their home land. This isn't new, this was something planned for a long while

"At least you finally got your gold!" :rofl:
You do know the Psychlos are just a metaphor for Psychologists. And Scientologists hate Psychologists because they'll tell you you're fucking crazy for buying into their cult.
i saw it, i laughed. there were just parts of it where i thought i'd dozed off because the plot holes were just massive, but anyway, it gave me chuckle. i heard that if you become a member of the scientology crazies you have to swear to secrecy and if you ever tell outsiders any details they get rid of you...
This site has been targeted by the Church of Scientology for "copyright infringement" for revealing what they are really all about. Microsoft just wishes they had lawyers this good. Their goddamn lawyers will sue you into oblivion to make you capititulate.
Granted, the movie was bad, but I don't think it was as bad as is generally thought.

The acting was atrocious, some plot holes were foolish (harrier jet training jumps to mind), the grand scale of it made it more of a failure, but the basic message of the power of the individual was a cool one.

I can think of much worse movies in the last few years than this.
You don't like Kevin Smith movies, rendering every one of your opinions worthless.
BECAUSE THEY ARE FUCKING LAME WITH HORRIBLE ACTING AND FORCED DIAGLOGUE.

Though Mallrats was great and JSBSB had some really funny parts too.
Somewhere around here we did a whole thread on the evils of Scientology and how, once you get to a certain level they teach you how to psychicly remove alien parasites from your body so you can reach your full potetential as a human being. Dozens of websites about people who have died because of the cult, lost tons of money, etc.
so should i rent BE just to see how bad it is?
Quote:Somewhere around here we did a whole thread on the evils of Scientology and how, once you get to a certain level they teach you how to psychicly remove alien parasites from your body so you can reach your full potetential as a human being. Dozens of websites about people who have died because of the cult, lost tons of money, etc.

So then I should stop payment on that check probably, right?